Thread: Two questions

gerb's Avatar Grumpy old git
    Just been sucessfully accepted by bithq.org but they say I need cookies turned on first?? why would they be 'off' and how/where do I turn them on

Anybody having bother with IE 7 - getting constant 'cannot display page' messages - even going between pages on a site ---- shit - this is the third time I've tried to type this cos of the same thing

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Blocking Cookies

You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you decide to block one or more cookies, the websites that use them may not function correctly. For example, if you do not allow cookies at all, you may not be able to view some websites or take advantage of customization features (such as local news and weather, or stock quotes).

If you decide to block all cookies, you can use Internet Explorer's Internet Options to modify your browser settings for cookies as follows:

In Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, click Internet Options, and then click the Privacy tab.

Move the slider up to Block All Cookies. On this setting, websites will not be able to store cookies on your computer.

Note: Blocking all cookies may prevent you from accessing many websites. The next two Internet Explorer privacy levels, High and Medium High, may be more suitable. In addition, it is possible to block a cookie for a specific site via the Manage sites dialog on the Privacy tab. Please see Internet Explorer on-line Help for more information.

Link : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...ivacy_pr7.mspx

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    gerb's Avatar Grumpy old git
    Thank you -- privacy is set as suggested - would this infer that 'explorer' did not like this site - or would it have asked me?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I think you just had the security settings too high ?