Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: CBB racism row

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    I just thought now, Alien5 is probably pretty much what The will be in 12 years time.
    see, The? You should like totally just end it all now, save you from turning into allen5

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Lounge   -   #22
    I mean, it's not like you're ever going to pass your driving test, like, and that'll just make you all .

3. Lounge   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    /texts The's mam to tell her to hide the aids pills
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Aha, kill him slowly - teh harsh

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Proper Bo View Post
    Aha, kill him slowly - teh harsh
    :earl:
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    cunts. stop talking aboot me and explain this shilpa situation.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins View Post
    cunts. stop talking aboot me and explain this shilpa situation.
    its all over the news, just look in any news site or turn on the telly.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    its not that bad

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach View Post
    its not that bad
    ermm
    Tony Blair joins the political debate over Big Brother racism row
    Muslim groups burn effigy of Channel 4 producers while parliament debate with Indian Government

Tony Blair today joined the political debate over the allegations of racist abuse in the Big Brother house against Indian Bollywood film star Shilpa Shetty. Speaking in the House of Commons, the Prime Minister said “I have not watched the show as yet, but I am strongly opposed to racism in all its forms".

Responding to a question from MP for Leicester East Keith Vaz, it is the first time that the Prime Minister has talked about the reality TV show in the House of Commons. Later he said “I expect those who make the show to ensure that they treat the matter with the utmost responsibility”.

The comments have sparked debate in all corners and today the Chancellor Gordon expressed ‘Concern over the thousands of people complaining” the situation threatens to disrupt political stability between Great Britain and India and thousands of people have taken to the streets in India, burning effigies of Big Brother organisers after reports in Indian newspapers and TV programmes enraged the population.

So far there have been more than 20,000 complaints received by Ofcom the telecoms regulator to the television industry and calls for the producers to step in and intervene have so far gone unheeded.

Comments on placards in India read “DOWN WITH RACISM” and “APLOGISE FOR YOUR BEHAVIOUR TOWARDS SHILPA”

The arguments are focused around the singling out of Shilpa by a group of three girls inside the Big Brother House – namely Jade Goody, Danielle Lloyd and Jo O’Meara. The three girls have seemed to have formed a pact against Shilpa Shetty which was originally sparked by comments made by Jade’s mother Jackie who referred to Ms Shetty as ‘The Indian’ and refused to pronounce her name correctly often calling her ‘Shipper or Shipla’.

Shilpa Shetty’s family said today “We are overwhelmed and touched by the amount of public support for our daughter – not just by the UK public but all over world – we do not condone racism or bullying in any form”.

Government ministers are reluctant to intervene but a spokesman said that if things continue to get out of hand, then the producers will have to step in.

India is awaiting a report about the show and will raise the issue of Shilpa Shetty's treatment by other housemates with Britain when full details are available.

Sponsors of the show ‘The Carphone Warehouse announced it is reconsidering its £3million annual sponsorship of Big Brother due to the allegations of racism. Charles Dunstone, chief executive of the mobile phone shop, has revealed he is in talks with Channel 4 bosses.

Mr. Dunstone said the company was against racism and was reviewing the sponsorship. He also made it clear that responsibility for the programme’s content lay with the makers and not the sponsors.

Viewing figures for the programme have risen dramatically since the allegations of racism and the makers maintain that the Big Brother project is the social experiment that allows contestants to act freely without interaction or influence from the outside world. Questions must be asked however when such transmissions are threatening to affect diplomatic relations between two nations.

10. Lounge   -   #30
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Its all bollocks, its only be classed racism cos its 3 white girls taking the piss out of an indian girl, if it was 3 white girls taking the piss out of another white girl no one would care.

FFS, Jermaine Jackson called Jade's mum white trash but no-one complained about that did they?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast