OK, as some of you may know, I tend to use WeeMouse's 'net connection when I want to surf the web. However, I want to get a Broadband connection in my own house. My mum and dad have agreed to share the costs of a connection with me on the following conditions:
- The connection must be shareable between their computer and mine.
- The monthly fee must not be more than £30 a month (they are prepared to pay up to £10 and I'll pay up to £20)
- The connection must not interfere with our normal BT phone line
- The installation/registration fees must not be too high (ideally around £50ish)
- The deal must be payable by Direct Debit and not by credit card (they don't have one and don't intend to get one!
For preference, there should be POP3/SMTP email services and at least some webspace.
We live in Glasgow in the UK.
We have already checked out ntl:home, who say they can't serve our house.
I've done the ADSL check at BT.com and our house should be ADSL-capable.
I have already ruled out Freeserve, BT Internet and BTOpenworld. I'm looking into one.tel just now. So far the stumbling blocks have been sharing the connection and paying without a credit card.
Does anyone know of a company who will be able to provide what we're looking for?
Thanks in advance for help