Thread: Question About Converting

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    converting film files to playable VCD/SVCD files, is there anyway to speed up this process? it took me 6 hours!!! to encode a 16 minute film into SVCD and thats sort of repulsive... VCD is better in my opinion but it would be absolute hell converting a 700mb movie to playable vcd with the time factor and need to know of any shortcuts or so, I use TMPGEnc Plus 2.58.44.152

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    No, there is no way to speed up the process. In fact, it would probably be faster to just download the VCD/SVCD version of the file you want. That way there is no converting, just download and burn to disk.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by Jibbler@23 May 2003 - 02:39
    No, there is no way to speed up the process. In fact, it would probably be faster to just download the VCD/SVCD version of the file you want. That way there is no converting, just download and burn to disk.
    Well I live in the uk with a pal television and most VCD/SVCD files are made for american ntsc televisions

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Bebi@22 May 2003 - 21:41
    Well I live in the uk with a pal television and most VCD/SVCD files are made for american ntsc televisions
    LOL, I keep forgetting about our International audience.
    Proud member of MDS

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by Jibbler+23 May 2003 - 02:42--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 23 May 2003 - 02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bebi@22 May 2003 - 21:41
    LOL, I keep forgetting about our International audience. [/b][/quote]
    heh, so you can see my prodicament

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Depending on your OS, you could use taskmanager to set the priority level of TMPGEnc to real time.

It may not be a drastic change in the time it takes to encode, but it may help a little.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    i live in tha uk and i use irc and bittorent constantly to get films and they all play on my dvd player it doesnt matter about ntsc/pal, you just burn the image to disc and that it al dun no encoding needed

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    私は日本語を知らない。
    It depends on the DVD player whether it will matter what form its in. I haven&#39;t tested mine with pal although I&#39;m planing on testing it some time soon.

Edit: Spelling

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    BANNED
    Yeah m8 99% of uk dvdplayers also play ntsc format...there not much
    u can do about encodin time except get a faster cpu

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    encoding is a fucking hassle takes time and even then sometimes it doesnt work for me, at first when i saw all those little files in my download from bittorent i was like what tha fuck great but now i no how to use them they are a god send