Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are newsgroups safer?

Quote Originally Posted by siscokid10 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post

I don't know WHAT your definition of "obscure music" is, but newsgroups offer things from the 60s and 70s (even earlier) I cannot find anywhere else. They also offer certian types of music such as clasical, folk, etc.

Again, I don't know what your defintion is of obscure music, but I have been able to find whatever music I want at blazing speeds on usenet.
    You obviously don’t use oink if you think that Usenet is better for finding obscure music. Enough said.

The problems I have with Usenet and music are that it’s a much more complicated process when trying to find the music and that it can’t separate the albums into individual folders containing the albums name. It very annoying to have to go back and sort all the mp3 files when they are finished, also the files are only on Usenet for a month and then there gone. There are some albums that have been on oink for over a year. Don’t get me wrong I love Usenet for everything except music.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about either! There are groups on usenet that have far more content in music also! Plus you can have any request filled within a matter of hours. 'NUFF SAID!

You also don't have to up it back to some private BT site.

And everyone knows Giganews offers 90 day retention which is THREE MONTHS...so I don't know what you are going on about one month retention either.
    Last edited by webe123; 01-21-2007 at 04:36 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    If you are relying on NZB files for music, or anything really you are at the poster's mercy. Tons of great stuff goes overlooked. Sometimes if you want something you have to download headers and sort things out for yourself.

As above,
    up to three months retention on giganews, and most stuff gets reposted regularly within weeks.

3. Newsgroups   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken View Post
    If you are relying on NZB files for music, or anything really you are at the poster's mercy. Tons of great stuff goes overlooked. Sometimes if you want something you have to download headers and sort things out for yourself.

As above,
    up to three months retention on giganews, and most stuff gets reposted regularly within weeks.
    I've never gotten into relying on NZB files for that very reason. I've been using usenet since 92 and have just become accustomed to reading headers very quickly. I, too, have also found that there is a lot of good stuff that people can miss if they rely solely on NZB files for finding stuff. Most people just don't have the patience to wait for the headers to load and then search through them, though, after you've done it once, there aren't many to look at each day.

4. Newsgroups   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Binsearch for example has a browse groups option, this combines the good things of headering and nzb's. You dont have to download headers, you can see everything that gets posted + things like auto grouping packs make it a verry usefull function.

I am only into 0-day stuff, i check torrentsites/prechannels/dupesites for new releases and find them on binsearch. Music for example is a bit more "obscure" so i download the headers of my favourite groups twice a week (3 days retention). Most of these music groups a small enough to header in a couple of minutes and easy to read trough.
    Last edited by geen; 01-21-2007 at 12:44 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory View Post
    While usenet is wonderful for movies, games, and apps it is still sort of lacking in the Music side. If you listen to anything remotely obscure, chances are you won't have very much luck finding it on newsgroups.

However if you listen to the most popular, and mainstream of music, then you will have no troubles at all.
    False. I just started using GrabIt for my newsgroups as I found out my ISP has a host and already found obscure music that I enjoy. Gg.

6. Newsgroups   -   #16
    thanks

7. Newsgroups   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 12spysonu View Post
    thanks
    Youve said thanks 13 times allready, please try to actually ad something to the conversation

8. Newsgroups   -   #18
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    thanks
    Die! Fluff posting monkey love child. you've got yer 20+ see you in a month, or when ever your month is up.

All these rats are getting put on ignore.

9. Newsgroups   -   #19
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt Seevers View Post
    thanks
    Die! Fluff posting monkey love child. you've got yer 20+ see you in a month, or when ever your month is up.

All these rats are getting put on ignore.
    What do they need 20+ posts for?

10. Newsgroups   -   #20
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    What do they need 20+ posts for?
    You Must Be A Member 30 Days AND Have 20 Posts To Use The BT Invites Section

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast