Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: seems the repubs can't give up

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    their unethical habits

Every one of them voted against closure on ethics reform. Harry Reid, the sponsor of the bill, had to vote against closure so he could bring it up again at a later date.

The repubs are saying they are blocking it because the Democrats wouldn't allow an unrelated amendment to it (give Bush a line item veto)..... If that was so important why didn't they do it over the last 6 years when they held all 3 "houses"?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    The repubs are making me angry on this one.

However, when it "with the approval of Congress" does that mean that there is a vote if the Prez wants single out individual items for elimination?

Why give the Prez that power and why make that the reason to stifle ethics reform?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    There will be a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, and I'm sure j2 will be along soon to put the record straight.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Today the repubs filibustered the minimum wage increase.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    The Dems should now deny funding for the war in Iraq.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    You crazy yanks with your checks and balances.
    You do not need to see my I.D.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Chip monk, what is it with your sig, instead of showing a pic it throws up a username\password box.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I am gettin the same pop up. I have not noticed that it is connected to to a particular poster.

P.S. It is an Australian auto parts site.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Unrelated quote of the day

There is something deeply amusing about the idea of the president using a 747 to travel from DC to Wilmington, Delaware, and back, in order to make “a sales pitch for [his] plan to reduce projected gasoline consumption by 20 percent over the next 10 years.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    Unrelated quote of the day

There is something deeply amusing about the idea of the president using a 747 to travel from DC to Wilmington, Delaware, and back, in order to make “a sales pitch for [his] plan to reduce projected gasoline consumption by 20 percent over the next 10 years.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast