Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: China shoots down satellite

Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    but it is intercontinental if it's from Washington to Cardiff.
    Cardiff is a continent now? Why wasn't I told?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    but it is intercontinental if it's from Washington to Cardiff.
    Cardiff is a continent now? Why wasn't I told?
    Why don't you take me thro' the thought process that led you to the conclusion that I was inferring that Cardiff was a continent rather than merely being on a different one to Washington.

Don't get me wrong, I totally love reading your stuff about why we should all hate America - but I feel this change in tack will give regular visitors to the board a valuable insight into your psyche.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think the whole thing is just saber rattling.
    China is reacting exactly how any major power would. No power is going to leave itself vulnerable if it can avoid it and no country is going to be happy at not having an advantage.

I get the point entirely about the "do as we say not as we do" attitude. It's just one part of our foreign policy that we are apparently not allowed to raise because it means we are blaming America and think we deserve what we get.
    It raises my ire when I hear anyone from this administration avoid responsibility for anything by saying "Nobody could have predicted" or"nobody expected"............. Sorry but lots of people expected and predicted, but when they said it they were called surrender monkeys, terrorist sympathizers or just traitors that want America to lose.

I always think the best way to approach things like this is to ask ourselves how we would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.
    I don't think china has spy satellites over the US. If it did we would have heard about it by now and there would be full international protest or it would have been taken out if not by missile then by NASA.

It's all part of the game. The way it's played is so silly it would be funny.........except there's nothing to laugh about.
    Last edited by vidcc; 01-19-2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: their to there

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Why don't you take me thro' the thought process that led you to the conclusion that I was inferring that Cardiff was a continent rather than merely being on a different one to Washington.
    Why don't you take me thro' the thought process that led you use Washington and Cardiff as an example of intercontinental travel, as opposed to, say, America and Europe?

Don't get me wrong, I totally love reading your stuff about nothing in particular - but I feel this change in tack will give regular visitors to the board a valuable insight into your psyche.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Why don't you take me thro' the thought process that led you use Washington and Cardiff as an example of intercontinental travel, as opposed to, say, America and Europe?

Don't get me wrong, I totally love reading your stuff about nothing in particular - but I feel this change in tack will give regular visitors to the board a valuable insight into your psyche.
    Everyone knows that Washington is in N. America and everyone knows that Cardiff is in Europe. It makes little difference which example I used.

Btw, I'm taking your rather poor deflection as a 'no'.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab View Post

The USA thinks that it is OK for Israel to have this capbility. Why the change in attitude for them(Israel)?
    The USA also thinks it is OK for the UK to have it. What's your point?
    The USA could not stop the UK from having this capability without the UK replying in kind. It can definately stop Israel. Instead it vetoes any attempt of the UN to censure Israel. Why should all the other middle eastern states not be allowed the same capabilities that Israel has. Not that I want anyone to have these capabilities.

P.S Our near neighbours also have the 'bomb'.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Skizo

Does the US have geo-stationary spy satellites over China? (Not sure myself just asking) but if they do then China might well want to develop such a capability.
    geostationary is only possible above the equator, and china isn't above the equator...

Low earth orbit ones go all over the shop, i would be surprised if none of the US ones go over China
    Last edited by ilw; 01-19-2007 at 06:39 PM. Reason: brevity

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    And you seem to think the US owns the whole fucking planet and the space that surrounds it ... so what's your point?

Not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Do you think Iran, Iraq, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt should have this capability too? How about long range nuclear capability?
    Why not, what business is it of yours?
    I rest my case.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc View Post
    I think the whole thing is just saber rattling.
    China is reacting exactly how any major power would. No power is going to leave itself vulnerable if it can avoid it and no country is going to be happy at not having an advantage.

I get the point entirely about the "do as we say not as we do" attitude. It's just one part of our foreign policy that we are apparently not allowed to raise because it means we are blaming America and think we deserve what we get.
    It raises my ire when I hear anyone from this administration avoid responsibility for anything by saying "Nobody could have predicted" or"nobody expected"............. Sorry but lots of people expected and predicted, but when they said it they were called surrender monkeys, terrorist sympathizers or just traitors that want America to lose.

I always think the best way to approach things like this is to ask ourselves how we would feel if the shoe was on the other foot.
    I don't think china has spy satellites over the US. If it did we would have heard about it by now and there would be full international protest or it would have been taken out if not by missile then by NASA.

It's all part of the game. The way it's played is so silly it would be funny.........except there's nothing to laugh about.
    See, he does it occassionaly, that's why I love him.

Good post vid.

Or has your account been haxored again
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Everyone knows that Washington is in N. America
    Does North America count as a continent in it's own right now? Why wasn't I told?

Btw, I'm taking your rather poor deflection as a 'no'.
    Don't worry, I'm sure your superiority complex will recover.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast