Thread: dvd movie question

is a dvd movie when its made is it bootable like windows, games and program on cds.

If its not bootable if i have a copy of the movie on my hard drive exactly the same as it should be on the dvd will it work if i copy it off my hard drive using nero. yes or no.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    analyzer.'s Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    should.

try buying some dvd-rw's.. so you can test and erase.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by analyzer. View Post
    should.

try buying some dvd-rw's.. so you can test and erase.
    Best advice I'v seen all week . I swear by the rw's only problem is they burn slower mine is 4 x I believe . Nero is not my choice for burning DVD's but that's another thread .

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    is a dvd movie when its made is it bootable like windows, games and program on cds.
    A DVD movie is not bootable.

And neither are games and programs.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Rather than bootable I beileve you might mean autorun. That is they will automatically load when put in the drive. Movies will autoplay when the program you use to play them has been given the instructions to do so. Games autorun because they have an auto run file in the root of the disk. Try putting a game cd in your rom drive and then exit the install screen, now go into windows explorer and look at the root of the cd for autorun.inf and open it with notepad. You can use the basic first lines to make your own autorun cd, that is ([Autorun] and the next line open=setup.exe) and you don't need any other junk like icon files. If the setup for the program is XXXXX.msi or install.exe thats what you point the open to in the inf file. I once used the basic files from Photoshop Elements 1 with the newer files from Photoshop Elements 4 to make an install cd for Elements four from a bunch of files I downloaded off the net. It was like making my own iso image from a bunch of files and including an autorun.inf file to start the loading when the disk was inserted.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I missed that bootable idea , you can play it on your computer using Winplayer ,Power dvd or win dvd ? Then you can burn to dvd and should be able to play it in most dvd players .

You did n't say what format it was tho like Dvd-r , Xvid or Svcd ?