Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My ISP is really cracking down. Can I do anything about it?

How do I get involved with a private tracker? As you know, since I've been using public trackers for so long, some of this is pretty new to me. I just got PeerGuardian2. Where can I find blocklists?

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusf65an View Post
    How do I get involved with a private tracker? As you know, since I've been using public trackers for so long, some of this is pretty new to me. I just got PeerGuardian2. Where can I find blocklists?
    Not sure what you mean by blocklists. Wait a few more weeks and then start hunting for TorrentLeech invites in the invite section. They are given away all the time and it's a good place for you to start.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I think he means IPfilters. I get mine from openmedia.info. Enough though I only have the basic version, it still blocks quite a lot of IPs from even the most private sites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Also if it has not been mentioned then disable DHT. When this is disabled people outside the tracker cannot see you or connect to you.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    DHT? Is there an option for this in Azureus? I looked around in the options menu and found nothing.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    Tools > Options > Connection
    in Peer Sources, only check 'From a tracker', uncheck the other three options

Tools > Options > Plugins > Distributed DB
    uncheck Enable the distributed database

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Thanks.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    deputysalty's Avatar Torrenter BT Rep: +1
    Oh sugar cookies, I have cox. Trying to get FiOS, that should be way better.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    deputysalty's Avatar Torrenter BT Rep: +1

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by deputysalty View Post
    Verizon (parent of the FiOS service) also fights for the user's internet rights; which is good as they are almost protecting you from the MPAA/RIAA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast