Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My ISP is really cracking down. Can I do anything about it?

If that's the case, then they probably won't give you a strike just because the MPAA says so. I think with Cox, they just want to be overly cautious so they don't have any risks. It does make them less desirable as an ISP. If I'd have known they would be this anal, I would have found someone else to carry me a long time ago. Anyway, the statistics are that one out of every four internet users regularly uses file-sharing of some type, so it's not like it's some rare thing out there.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusf65an View Post
    Anyway, the statistics are that one out of every four internet users regularly uses file-sharing of some type, so it's not like it's some rare thing out there.
    70% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Touche!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    Verizon (parent of the FiOS service) also fights for the user's internet rights; which is good as they are almost protecting you from the MPAA/RIAA
    Fios is expensive, aint it? Verizon's DSL is cheap as crap though, very nice service too. I had it until I moved to a state that doesn't have it - having to switch to TimeWarner RoadRunner.
    No Whining

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    According to Verizon's website, Fios is free installation with a one-years contract and $50/month for the cheapest package.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    deputysalty's Avatar Torrenter BT Rep: +1
    Actually, there is a 40$/month 5 mbps down 2 mbps up package, which is better than Cox's at the same price.

sources: http://www22.verizon.com/content/con...and+prices.htm
    Last edited by deputysalty; 01-21-2007 at 05:39 AM. Reason: sources

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234