Thread: Scramble IP Address

Hi, i was wondering iof there was a way to scramble your IP Address, by that i mean give a fake ip address. A while ago i heard of a p2p program that changed your ip so when some1 else was uploading of you they could see a ip address but it was a fake one.

The reson why im looking for some software 2 scramble my ip address is becase every time i download a file of some sort i get millions of companies trying to scan my computer that protowall has to block, and it is getting a little worrying.

Any1 got any ideas?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Doubt that there is any software. Apparently there was this one that u pay a membership fee and you get your IP changed when you fileshare. The problem with that is that the company i think it was a swedish one knows your IP so can you trust them? Either way its risky and at the moment IP scrambling is impossible...i wish in the near future some cracker manages it. It would revolutionize the bittorent world.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    deputysalty's Avatar Torrenter BT Rep: +1
    It is not possible. There must be a proxy of some sort. How else does the information reach you? By IP of course.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeah but if there was a process by which say your IP is 32.32.11 example and when you download a torrent it got scrambled or it showed a different IP like 262.12.21 if you see what i mean. This fake IP could act as an ID where the data would send to real IP. I can't explain like this but it seems like a good idea .
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    deputysalty's Avatar Torrenter BT Rep: +1
    There still has to be a middleman. Which means logging.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    safa's Avatar ® BT Rep: +1
    Omar where are you downloadin from?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The only way to hide your IP would be to use a proxy. That usually means slower speeds and having full trust in the proxy ur using. After all, the proxy would be able to see everything ur downloading.