Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tor v. peerguardian2

rbh's Avatar sharing is caring
    still trying to decide between the two. which do most people prefer and does it really help or more a pain then it is worth?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    deputysalty's Avatar Torrenter BT Rep: +1
    I would not use tor. The heavy P2P traffic chokes up speed for everyone else.

Peerguardian is fine for help keeping RIAA/MPAA away.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    PG2 is sufficient for my needs (tip if you're a new user: if you're browsing webpages and some are blocked, be sure to check the Allow HTTP button).

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    SHUVT's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    PG2 web page has been down for a week or so. Hopefully phoenixlabs will get it back online soon.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rbh View Post
    still trying to decide between the two. which do most people prefer and does it really help or more a pain then it is worth?
    That's part of the reason I came here. I've been looking at the anonymous P2P applications and plugins shuch as tor, I2P, and AntsP2P and decided that they just don't have enough users to be a reliable source for downloading torrents.

As far as I'm aware tor will not allow file sharing (they mention it on the Azureus plugin page). I2P worked OK for me but only had a very small number of trackers.

I'd look at trying to use private trackers (with PG2) it seems to be the safest bet at the moment

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    I've used PG for a couple of years now and haven't ever had any problems. Knock on wood...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    ElGatoo's Avatar ^^ BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    PG2 rulz

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    go with peerguadian

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Fortech's Avatar The Whole F'n Show BT Rep: +4
    peerguardian is what i use for around a year now, no probs yet

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by @tomix View Post
    I'd look at trying to use private trackers (with PG2) it seems to be the safest bet at the moment
    This is what everyone should be doing. Keep in mind though that PG2 is not by any means a be all and end all solution, but it will certainly help. Also, keep in mind the chances of you yourself being targeted are pretty low.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast