Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Catholic Church loses fight to discriminate ..

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    Corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Insofar as I've been able to follow this thread, I was curious about how anyone would judge the viability/desirability of either of these four situations relative to the other:

1. An infant/child is adopted into the loving home of a heterosexual couple of Catholic or other faith.

2. An infant/child is adopted into the loving home of a homosexual male or female couple of Catholic or other faith.

3.An infant/child is adopted into the loving home of a heterosexual couple of no-or-indeterminate faith.

4. An infant/child is adopted into the loving home of a homosexual male or female couple of no-or-indeterminate faith.

Discuss...
    You miss my point entirely.

Let's look at this a different way-

A Catholic agency works to place orphaned/adoptable children/infants with Catholic families.

Another agency specializes in placing children from war- and strife-torn, poverty-stricken foreign countries.

A third works only with hard-to-place cases; kids with mental/physical afflictions or other special needs.

Yet another is a non-denominational, non-specializing agency willing to cover the whole spectrum of possibilities/eventualities.

There are others as well; there is no shortage of children in distress and needing placement with loving families, and there will always be more children than can be accomodated by existing agencies.

Into the breech steps a court (the STATE!) willing to restrict/curtail/end the activities of the Catholic agency in the name of "rights/access violations".

This is freedom?

This helps gays?

Children?

Funny, too, how the separation of church and state only works in one direction...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Do you think that the private sector should be free from state control/regulation when it comes to children?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor View Post
    So which is the greater sin: homosexuality or heathenism? I'm genuinely curious; I know that there's a ranking system.

I'm quoting myself because I'm still curious. Evidentially both sins will end you up in Hell, but does breaking the First Commandment count as a lesser sin when compared to homosexuality?

I would imagine that while the Church would prefer to place children in a God-fearing heterosexual home, it would stand to reason that the gay Catholic home would be preferable over the straight atheist one.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    So which is the greater sin: homosexuality or heathenism? I'm genuinely curious; I know that there's a ranking system.

I'm quoting myself because I'm still curious. Evidentially both sins will end you up in Hell, but does breaking the First Commandment count as a lesser sin when compared to homosexuality?
    Did you read my last, or the words of Cardinal Hume. It might be a good idea to understand what the Catholic Church teaches with regard to the subject, before asking which is the lesser sin.

Oh and I think you may have meant evidently, but that's not important right now.

Oh and another small point, I think you probably also meant either, rather than both. Forget it.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    Oh and I think you may have meant evidently, but that's not important right now.

Oh and another small point, I think you probably also meant either, rather than both. Forget it.
    Jp was around at the same time jesus was......I have the video

[youtube]sxzXDNEAKW4[/youtube]

Last edited by vidcc; 01-27-2007 at 12:58 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral

Did you read my last, or the words of Cardinal Hume. It might be a good idea to understand what the Catholic Church teaches with regard to the subject, before asking which is the lesser sin.
    Yes, and neither address my question. Can you answer it?

I'm doped up with painkillers after recovering from surgery. What better way to spend time than devising games? You missed the first one.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    tbh i have no idea about how adoption agencies work, how does a kid end up in a catholic adoption agency? Is it because the parent(s) are catholic and want their child to be catholic (i.e. they don't take in any kids who are abandoned or are removed by social services etc)? Do catholic adoption agencies posiitively discriminate towards/only give children to catholic adoptive parents?
    Anyone have a clue?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    You miss my point entirely.
    I do now, what was the point of this post? You say, "A Catholic agency works to place orphaned/adoptable children/infants with Catholic families.", well gay couples can be catholic too, and considered a 'family' under British law.

Funny, too, how the separation of church and state only works in one direction...
    There is no separation of church and state in Britain. The church sits in the House of Lords, and the Archbishop of Canterbury is chosen by the Prime Minister.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ava Estelle View Post
    There is no separation of church and state in Britain. The church sits in the House of Lords, and the Archbishop of Canterbury is chosen by the Prime Minister.
    To be accurate, that would be the Church of England which is joined to the State. The Catholic Church is in fact separate from the State, I believe the Act of Union is very specific on that point.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60

Yes, and neither address my question. Can you answer it?
    I'm only doing this because it's you. It does address your question. The Catholic Church teaches that homosexual relations are a sin, the physical acts are a sin. It teaches that those who wish to carry out homosexual acts should remain celibate (in that particular activity). That's basically it, there's no "homosexuality is a sin" about it.

This may explain it better. The Church considers adultery to be a sin. However it does not teach that fancying a burd at your work is a sin. Just swap "another bloke" for "a burd at your work".

And also, brain aids is no excuse for poor English.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast