Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3138394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    That computer is so pretty it should have a female name.
    So you are saying its ports aren't to your liking.
    Please stay on topic or I am going to have to time travel back to 2010 and ban the fuck out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Idol...
    One of the best Drummers in the world guess where??
    Cohen leads me to think Jew that's your daughter which I hope it isn't because Meg has been Pming me the most obscene things about her.

Seriously, Meg I have to believe whoever she is she's not into doing that with you and a duck.

Skiz ignored my question.I really wish I had a bb gun right about now.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 08-10-2016 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #402
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I was browsing builds on PCpartpicker and $15000 for the computer stuff and $60 for the furniture.

176322.85ab7c9f68484c77653c0f6b14286d97.1600.jpg
    Respect my lack of authority.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #403
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Cohen leads me to think Jew that's your daughter which I hope it isn't because Meg has been Pming me the most obscene things about her.
    Seriously, Meg I have to believe whoever she is she's not into doing that with you and a duck.
    LOL!! You are funny, and no she is not my daughter(born in Israel), but a really amazing drummer!!!

And we all know Meg is a big masturbater sex maniac, and molests his pets ..And yes she is hot!!!

And why forget your question?? Especially if you want to upgrade??

My Mother-Board
    Attachment 172033
    Last edited by shaina; 08-10-2016 at 11:37 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #404
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    I was browsing builds on PCpartpicker and $15000 for the computer stuff and $60 for the furniture.
    176322.85ab7c9f68484c77653c0f6b14286d97.1600.jpg
    Strange... I would think most hard core gamers want multiple screens..
    The steering wheel setup looks really cool.

And i bet i could have got the setup for $10,000 , and had the desk and art work thrown in for free

My Processor
    Attachment 172034
    Last edited by shaina; 08-11-2016 at 12:21 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #405
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    That computer is so pretty it should have a female name.

How you liking the 1080 card Skiz? I've got to do something with my old computer and I'm contemplating swapping the video card I have in my primary computer into it and getting a 10something for the better rig.
    Not the 1080 'cause that's like a thousand bucks in Canada and I don't play near enough video games to justify that on any level.

Also any thought of upgrading to a g-sync monitor? Personally I don't get it but then I'm stupid and cheap like shay.

Oh yeah and what kind of cooling are running as seems to be a lot more than just for the cpu ? Either that or that's the neatest job of cabling I've ever witnessed.

PS kinda like the hidden power supply.
    I'm liking the fuck out of it. I put in a preorder for it back in June or something. Took almost a full 2 months to arrive. It's a monster tho. For example, I was playing GTA V on outright "Low" settings before, and using every bit of juice the previous GTX 760 was capable of. Dropped the 1080 in let GeForce Experience set everything automatically, and it now has everything fully maxed out at 2560x1440 (2K) and only using about 30% of it's resources. The fans don't even spin unless I play a game. And utterly silent as well. Not a peep. I run some mods like NaturalVision which make everything crisp as hell and are notorious for slamming fps and creating loads of lag. The new gpu doesn't even flinch. (link)

And I'll be honest. I don't even play that many different games. I'm good for buying a new game at most once a year or so. I was just due for an upgrade in that department and I'd never owned a new, top of the line card before, so I just went for it.

I don't really know much at all about g-sync monitors. Linus says they're worth it tho.

Nope. Corsair H100i cpu cooler. Everything else is passively cooled with well done cable management. Everything is 100% threaded. Also a bit of custom cabling as well for tidiness and preventing useless connections. Things like Molex and SATA cables that always having 4 connections when you only need one plug.

If you're considering a new card but not the 1080, I think the 1060 is supposed to still do very well and even top the 980, and for under $250 here. (The 980 was selling for $500 just a few months ago) Lots of sites saying the 1060 tops it. Might be a good place to start.
    Last edited by Skiz; 08-11-2016 at 01:06 PM.

yo

6. Software & Hardware   -   #406
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    [QUOTE=Skiz;3787936]
    well done cable management. Everything is 100% threaded. Also a bit of custom cabling as well for tidiness and preventing useless connections. Things like Molex and SATA cables that always having 4 connections when you only need one plug.
    considering a new card but not the 1080, I think the 1060 is supposed to still do very well and even top the 980, and for under $250 here. (The 980 was selling for $500 just a few months ago)
    GTX 980--- Over $600

GTX 1060---Around $400

GTX 1070----Around $600

GTX 1080---Between $800-$1000

Retail Prices not negotiated ones....

Again Skiz the PC looks really amazing!!!

The question i would have is what power supply are you using??
    The reason i asked is the one my son picked has dedicated single connections(or modular connections), no multiple connections on the ends, they are all single and marked to fit into the power supply, and then to the board fans cards etc....And i thought all the new ones are designed like that ??
    Last edited by shaina; 08-11-2016 at 09:24 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #407
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Corsair AX 760, fully modular. The molex cables that come with are the standard zip-zag style. The default SATA cables were the 4 connection type as well.

What psu did your son purchase?

yo

8. Software & Hardware   -   #408
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Corsair AX 760, fully modular. The molex cables that come with are the standard zip-zag style. The default SATA cables were the 4 connection type as well.
    What psu did your son purchase?
    EVGA Supernova 750 G2 80 Plus Gold

It came with a fancy bag and all separate connections
    Attachment 172035
    Attachment 172036

For my POS PC i got EVGA 500B and it has one connection and the tree of wires, it was cheap and works fine for me

Edit.. I just looked at a picture of your Power Supply and it looks like it has the same connections??
    Last edited by shaina; 08-11-2016 at 10:54 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #409
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Right side. Fourth one down. Those stupid things. And look at all those SATA connections on each SATA cable in the top left.

yo

10. Software & Hardware   -   #410
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Right side. Fourth one down. Those stupid things. And look at all those SATA connections on each SATA cable in the top left.
    Got it now, you are talking about the power connections , now that makes sense Skiz for cosmetics, but the shitty case my son has didn't make a difference when i built his, defiantly not a fashion show there LOL!!!. It is clean but not even close to yours

But the actual Sata connections to the board are all single and they gave you ones that are elbowed for tight spots...

Another question Skiz...

He doesn't have a lot of things in his PC just 2 hard drives and a cd/dvd player I didn't recheck but i think i used separate connections to the power supply if you understand what i am saying?? Does it make a difference in the power if you use one connection to the power supply and connect multiple things on the other side??

And a few weeks later he bought the AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 390 Graphics card, and i had to pretty much take everything apart again just to get the fuckin card to fit in the case.. So like i said it is no showcase build but he is happy for now with it.. and when he is running it, it is like a sweat box in his room from the heat!!!!

I got some things from NCIX and when you mentioned Linus Tips, it was funny!!. He had some of his builds on display there and they were sic!!, my younger son has spoken to him and all that shit he critics he keeps (no charge), and he gets it before it is out for the public...
    Lucky Prick!!!!

Attachment 172043
    Attachment 172042
    Last edited by shaina; 08-14-2016 at 08:31 AM.