Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2633343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your PC pics

Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    @nob0xerson: Cool. How are you liking the fans that came with the case?

I have some Fractal Designs somewhere, but ended up with Noctuas and then swapped all of them out for Scythes. I don't really remember why I skipped the FDs.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #352
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I have the same R4 case and I like the fans. Very quiet. The only ones I'm not a *ahem*...fan of... are on my H100i. I've gotten used to them now tho.

yo

3. Software & Hardware   -   #353
    The fans are very nice. They're 140mm and whisper quiet at the lowest setting. Even at highest setting they're more quiet than my PSU fan.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #354
    Thanks, dewds. Might give mine a go soon, then (assuming I can find them, and get over how pretty my scythes are). Got a new build coming up, anyway.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #355
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    What scythes are you using right now? Also which noctua's did you have.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #356
    The scythes are gentle typhoons, 120mms, 1450 rpm.

I had several kinds of noctuas, I think at least two NF-P12, which had a weird way of dispersing air when not hooked up to a heatsink doing the push-pull thing, which in turn made them a bit noisier than I wanted (turned out to be noisy-ish even when hooked up to the heatsink), and then a few NF-S12A FLX and at least one NF-B9.

When I swapped chassis, I swapped out the P12s on my heatsink because of the noise, and went with another scythe at the top to match. As far as I can tell the scythes are quieter at the same speeds, and seem to push air at the same sound levels a bit better compared to the P12s, and even when running a bit faster. Whether they're better than the S12As at the same speeds I can't say as I didn't do much of a comparison there, but they can hit faster revs and as far as I can tell cool better that way. The scythes aren't the only fans I'm my current case though, as I've got two 180mm silverstones there, which have been pretty nice, and some somewhat slowed down ram cooling from corsair. The loudest thing in there now, running idle, is the (stock) cooler for my gtx 680.

The B9, I just had no place for, anymore.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-06-2014 at 05:27 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #357
    Hmmm. I think in general all those fans are pretty solid. If you're looking for silence undervolting/speedfan/fan controllers to get them to lower RPMs will probably help the most. Although if you're looking to start a new build and get the fractal fans, (theoretically) the 140 mm should push more air at equivalent noise levels. Then again, as you mentioned, the stock cooler on the 680 will probably outpace anything else in terms of noise making that a priority if you're looking for quiet.

Yea I definitely agree on the B9. No point in having a 92mm fan if your case can fit bigger sizes.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #358
    Could be interesting if you buy things from Newegg frequently although Amazon Prime is probably a much better value overall:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/6/538...gram-announced

9. Software & Hardware   -   #359
    - under construction -
    Last edited by jebise; 10-26-2014 at 10:54 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #360
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Is everyone just on to tablets and laptops now?

yo

Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2633343536373839 ... LastLast