ya i find them today

but for me it is np

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Fortech's Avatar The Whole F'n Show BT Rep: +4
    keeps the site going, got nothing wrong with that

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    I logged into TL today and noticed a new mass PM-

Today we made a deal with an ad company, that will help us deal with the server costs a bit. Of course, VIPs will still enjoy a totally banner-free site. In addition, all the ads will be family and work-safe, with no popups or whatsoever and without sacrificing the browsing speed and experience,

Thank you for your understanding,and be sure that this at the end will be your gain and only!

// Staff

Of course, I did not see them until I unblocked Adblocker Plus (good prog by the way). I know that torrentleech easily makes $100K+/month from the pay to leechers (ie, "VIPs") so I find their new ads most unpleasant

The ads are rather large and unpleasant-

Im pretty certain they do not make 100,000 off of their vip deals.
    Youll notice they spend their money from VIP donations on seedboxes. They have quite alot of seedboxes if you didnt notice.
    In any case the adds arent all that annoying. I didnt even notice them right away. You ussually look for the files which are in the middle of the page anyways.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    BANNED BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    look mate ........its harmless ads & TL has right to add ads its the best tracker i have ever seen & no one can deny this

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    oh damn, that sucks just

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    kapowcowpwned's Avatar BCC token orange kid BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by PooBar View Post
    pays the bills,..
    they dont need the bills payed when they have so many VIP members paying them...

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    mags23's Avatar Canadian Bastard BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Is that true about VIPs? They're just too lazy to seed, so they pay to leech? And here I am working my ass off, seeding like a sucker to one day earn VIP status, and all I needed was to pay for my pirated material? Damn.

Ya, the ads don't bother me a bit. I didn't notice them until you pointed it out. Thanks a lot! Now I can't stop looking at them. Man, they're so big, they take up 3/4 of the screen! Is it just me, or have they gotten bigger over the last couple of minutes?
    "I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill"
    - Warren Zevon

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    ya bunch of prudes the ads aint that bad lol and as if none of you guys havent seen rude stuff before and they do have clothes on
    Last edited by bunny67; 01-27-2007 at 03:43 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Just use the Remove It Permanently extension if you're using Firefox if the ads bother you that much.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Well I suppose you are all right in the "just block them" regard- they don't really pose too much of a threat to anyone. What I don't really like is the mass amounts of money they are making from pirated material- not only from the pay-to-leeches, but now ads. The site has something around 120,000 members (correct me if you have a more reliable figure, they have atleast 100k), of which 10,000-20,000 are easily the "VIPs". This alone is a jackpot, not to mention the ads to be seen by thousands.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast