Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winamp 3

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    I just downloaded Winamp 3 and removed it after literally 5 minutes and reverted back to Winamp 2.
    The reason? That annoying as hell playlist thing? Why'd they change it from the one in winamp 2, it worked fine?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Me too, it is a load of crap. Takes to long to start up

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    2.81 was the peek of winamp. all the higher versions have included all the stuff that make winamp takes ages to open.

I like winamp for being lightweight and easy to use keep it that way please.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Exactly!

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by 4play@21 May 2003 - 16:44
    2.81 was the peek of winamp. all the higher versions have included all the stuff that make winamp takes ages to open.
    Actually, Winamp 2.91 loads just as quickly as 2.81... Of course, I opted not to install the video file support, so maybe that has something to do with it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i use winamp 2.91, and love the video in it, you can change the screen ratio, so i can get rid of the black lines while watchin vids on my tv from computer.

edit: oh yeah, winamp 3 sucks, takes far to long to open, and my comp aint exactly slow, it takes bout a week to load on my other computer

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    I have both Winamps on my computer. The skins in winamp three are superior yes, but I like my Winamp 2.91 the best.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    New for this beta releases:
    ""Winamp3 is a beta which may contain bugs, we recommend that you install Winamp3 in it's own folder rather than overwrite the Winamp 2.x installation that you currently have. If you have a previous version of Winamp 3 you should uninstall and do a fresh install of Beta 2.
    The software has several, major known issues, which prevent certain features from being fully accessible by users.

Who should download this beta:
    - Skin developers
    - Plug-in developers
    - Software developers

It is recommended you install this for evaluation purposes, in order to have an understanding of what the future holds. The beta will not be perfect, but it will give you an idea of where we're going with the final release.""

quote from winamp developers

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I gotta agree if it aint broke don't fix it. I tried winamp 3 for 1 day before I uninstalled. To much crap to. Good old winamp 2.91 simple simple simple, it does what you ask it to do. No bells and whistles but is all that really necessary?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast