Thread: utorrent 1.6 question

rbh's Avatar sharing is caring
    I have been using utorrent 1.6 for awhile now but I still haven't figured out why the green arrows beside the file name turns red. They appear temporarily then turn green again. Sometimes it is a red up arrow and sometimes a red down arrow. I had a guess it was unavailable resources but why would the up arrow turn red when I am sharing the complete file. I have read through all the settings and what not but haven't found the answer.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    First, highlight the torrent with the red arrow. Click the 'General' tab in the middle of the page, then look at the 'Tracker Status'.

What does it say there?

yo

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    It says offline (timed out) but why would it say that on my end? I guess I am not fully understanding of how torrents work but if I am seeding the file and have no issues on my end, why would just this one file have problems? Of the 8 or so files I am currently seeding, they all seem to take turns with the red arrow.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Are the torrents with this problem all from the same tracker?

Try disabling DHT, then restart uTorrent. Then enabled it and restart again.
    Last edited by Skizo; 01-27-2007 at 09:15 PM.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    More info can be found HERE

Are all 8 torrents connected to the same tracker?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Yeah, all the same tracker as I just hit the scene and haven't gotten into invites yet. I am not too bothered by it, because like I said, it is random and doesn't last long. They are all from bitsoup. As long as they don't stay red long and effect my ratio I won't bother with it, but at least I know now what the red arrow means.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    PooBar's Avatar TorrentSlut BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    its just the tracker being overloaded,dont worry about it as it will sort it self out,just dont stop your torrents when they turn red if you are using a private tracker as you stats wont update.,.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    mhmm, the scene...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kavalchuk17 View Post
    mhmm, the scene...

Well, how else would I say I am still a noob to torrents and newsgroups? Until recently it was all emule, limewire, and mirc. Then I found torrents and it was public trackers, then I came upon this forum shortly after and discovered private trackers. See, a noob.