Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ScT Extreme User Account

magicrabbit's Avatar Totally Salad BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    scam

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    gino77's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    100 % scam

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Dunno, I mean, maybe someone just gave all they had for ScT, seeded on it, and because of the buffer, they can get ScT + Other stuff back. As long as you don't go first and disable all images, you should be fine.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    kavalchuk17's Avatar Something RETIRED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    HMMM trade a Sct and get one back? sounds fishy to me
    How does that sound fishy?

Sounds perfectly good to me. He's trading his seeding time and effort for other trackers, but he likes ScT so he wants onother one possible. He didnt even say its required.

Sounds like a legitamate thing to offer.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Acidice's Avatar sunshine live = love BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Dunno, I mean, maybe someone just gave all they had for ScT, seeded on it, and because of the buffer, they can get ScT + Other stuff back. As long as you don't go first and disable all images, you should be fine.
    what do you mean by disable all images?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Well in a previous thread, dvhrld mentioned that people can get your IP by sending you an image (including any pixels or transparent images) in a PM or post. When you download the image using your browser, the IPs accessing that image is traced, so they can get your IP and disable you at the tracker if you're trying to trade your account.

Firefox has an option to disable all images. I don't know if that means that they block them after they're downloaded or they're not downloaded altogether (I haven't tried it), but if it's the latter, then it can prevent the above method from being used to trace your IP.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    ... can't touch this BT Rep: +1
    They also threaten to pass your info to other sites if you report them (leaving the snitches free to catch others)

it's not safe here anymore

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Acidice's Avatar sunshine live = love BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Well in a previous thread, dvhrld mentioned that people can get your IP by sending you an image (including any pixels or transparent images) in a PM or post. When you download the image using your browser, the IPs accessing that image is traced, so they can get your IP and disable you at the tracker if you're trying to trade your account.

Firefox has an option to disable all images. I don't know if that means that they block them after they're downloaded or they're not downloaded altogether (I haven't tried it), but if it's the latter, then it can prevent the above method from being used to trace your IP.
    ah, I see. thanks m8.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    dvdrld should be thanked instead; I'm so glad he informed us of this. Although he goes by a different name now.
    Last edited by Shadowfire; 01-28-2007 at 05:50 AM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    TYPE R's Avatar ( ^ ^ ) BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    umm!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast