Thread: No Sound In Winamp

i searched the forums, and i tried everything. i tried a clean install of the latest version of k-lite and the newest codecs. i checked the file associations in Winamp and Windows Media Player (i want to play my mp3's in Winamp). i also did a clean install of Winamp 2.91, and i have the latest version of Windows Media Player. i checked my speakers, and they work; Windows Media Player isn't muted, and neither is Winamp.

here's the weird part. i have the latest versions of Winamp, Windows Media Player, K-lite and the codecs, but i can only play my mp3's in Windows Media Player and in K-lite's Media Player - and not in Winamp.

what's the deal? can i get some real advice, and not some "oh it's a bogus file; download it again" type advice.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    make sure u have the equlizer turned off, then goto options, preferences, then click on output under plug-ins,
    and selct either waveOUT or directsound,

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Livy@21 May 2003 - 20:16
    make sure u have the equlizer turned off, then goto options, preferences, then click on output under plug-ins,
    and selct either waveOUT or directsound,
    which media player would i find those options in?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    sorry, that would be in winamp.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    It seems that winamp playes on a diferent line for sound cos you can play a tune in winamp and then a tune in wmp. Mkae sure you ant got to mic on or any muic playing like windows tunes.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by Livy@21 May 2003 - 20:36
    sorry, that would be in winamp.
    thanx a lot !! that really helped! i didn't know about the plugins and what they did - thanx. i hope that everyone w/ this kind of problem would look at either my post or or for you on the forums.