Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PC or Xbox 360

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Pc!!!!

2. Games   -   #22
    Dahg's Avatar King of the BBQ
    like one of the first posts says... if you got friends over alot... go for the xbox360!!.. I find multiplayer in the living room with the big screen is just way better game! as far as the graphx go though. the PC is king!.. a good graphx card costs as much as the xbox360 itself!! there is also alot more for the PC than the xbox360 - that goes without being said... I would get both if you dont have it already!a good pc with graphx card/monitor is a grip so be prepared to pay more for the better shit.

3. Games   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Graphics cards basically will run the cost of the 360. Further from that, you'll have to wait awhile for DX10/Vista to be viable.
    I have to disagree, he could go with a cheap dx9 card and then in about 8 months when DX10 and the games really hit he could pick up a DX10 card for a few hundred bucks. He may not be able to get a system that will run everything maxed out, but it'll run it good enough. For PCs you can't assume someone is going to buy the top of the line stuff, especially when nothing is out that uses it yet (DX10) It's safer to assume that they will wait till the game/product that needs it is out, and by that time the price on the hardware will have dropped to a more reasonable buy.

Honestly, it all depends. I am glad I built my own PC as opposed to getting a console. Mainly because I use my PC for way more than just gaming. If you are looking for solely gaming, look at the current games each has to offer and the games that are coming out within 6 months and make your decision.

4. Games   -   #24
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessgp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post
    Graphics cards basically will run the cost of the 360. Further from that, you'll have to wait awhile for DX10/Vista to be viable.
    I have to disagree, he could go with a cheap dx9 card and then in about 8 months when DX10 and the games really hit he could pick up a DX10 card for a few hundred bucks. He may not be able to get a system that will run everything maxed out, but it'll run it good enough. For PCs you can't assume someone is going to buy the top of the line stuff, especially when nothing is out that uses it yet (DX10) It's safer to assume that they will wait till the game/product that needs it is out, and by that time the price on the hardware will have dropped to a more reasonable buy.

Honestly, it all depends. I am glad I built my own PC as opposed to getting a console. Mainly because I use my PC for way more than just gaming. If you are looking for solely gaming, look at the current games each has to offer and the games that are coming out within 6 months and make your decision.
    Yeah I used to play PC games mostly until the console games got better and the PC didn't get enough great games anymore.

Have you seen God Of War 2? That on a damn PS2?!

If consoles would get much better games and easier config for them then consoles wouldn't have a chance. As it stands, consoles have a great market for those reasons.

M$ seems to be trying to remedy this with Vista. I would absolutely love to have a gaming PC (supersmall case) and be able to pop a game in, cut it on, and get to playin'.

I honestly don't know why this wasn't done a long time ago. Now because of the Xbox being around, it will probably never be.

Hell I think I'm going to buy a Wii for the exercise.

5. Games   -   #25
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    i,m into mmorpgs so has to be a pc and it also allows me to use pc as a media center too. If you got the extra money i would go with a pc.

6. Games   -   #26
    n00b BT Rep: +1
    I'd go for another PC if you wont have one to use. So many more things to do. If you entertain on a regular basis though, x360 is the way to go!

7. Games   -   #27
    JWP's Avatar ^-_-^ BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    x360!!!!

8. Games   -   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    x360!!!!
    Most definatly

9. Games   -   #29
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    PC the best

10. Games   -   #30
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    PC if you have a controller, i need a controller other wise I consider the pc almost useless for games

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast