Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to Find Fake Torrents Uploaded by the MPAA and RIAA

i think i didn't even seen a fake torrent before

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    bcpnikhil's Avatar FTN Lover BT Rep: +2
    stick to private sites :-)

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    thats really cool! i started using TVtad with tvrss feed from eztv so i dont get fakes (knock on wood) but always good to know

the enemy is out there.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Thanks! important stuff to know. So if I use peerguardian, am I pretty much protected?

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Thanks for the heads-up

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    duynghia's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Whatever fake or real files you leech/seed from trackers(some are safe/not safe), leechers and seeders know each other IP (showed by BT clients or even packet sniffers), if MPAA/RIAA is one of seeders/leechers, they can identify people who are downloading.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by vipoftheworld View Post
    Whatever fake or real files you leech/seed from trackers(some are safe/not safe), leechers and seeders know each other IP (showed by BT clients or even packet sniffers), if MPAA/RIAA is one of seeders/leechers, they can identify people who are downloading.
    Yea, I agree. They don't even have to up to their own tracker. They could just as well up to Tspy or demonoid or piratebay. Or like vip said, they could even be a leecher. It sucks, but that'll give you some incentive to join private sites and SEED. But it'll only be time before the MPAA could send someone into a private site too. I know I'm sounding pretty pessimistic, but it's all true.

On the bright side, even IF the MPAA do find you, I don't think they'll care unless you've got a 1 TB or more download/upload history. More likely, they'll just take down the admins, the users on the top 100 list, and very active users. It also helps if you live in a country where downloading isn't illegal.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    In the end they can do as much as you want, but truth is millions and millions of people are downloading. It is like sueing every single person which litters the streets, an unstoppable process.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123