Thread: XP Pro Bootdisk help

Ghostrider1957's Avatar Mbr:Geek Squad
    Hey ya'll,just found this site and going to explore a bit.hope to meet some of you and share some stories and files,hopefully
    learn something in the prosess... .Anyway ppls,i'm looking for
    a way to make a "WinXp Pro Bootdisk",I have the ISO/EXE just not
    the "Boot.img" and/or ".BAT" files.If anyone can direct me to
    the right file(s) i need to do this,i would appreciate it.
    Again, it's great to be here and thanks in advance for any help.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Welcome to FST.

Google is your friend. 1st hit on: WinXp Pro Bootdisk

http://www.voodoofiles.com/4957

Windows XP Pro Boot Disk

Microsoft has released the long awaited Windows XP Boot Disk. The Windows XP startup disk allows computers without a bootable CD-ROM to perform a new installation of the operating system. The Windows XP startup disk will automatically load the correct drivers to gain access to the CD-ROM drive and start a new installation of Setup. You cannot upgrade from a Windows XP startup disk.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I suspect that your ISO file contains a bootable image. Try burning it with ImgBurn.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hey Guy's, thanks for replying
    I downloaded the file XP Pro ISO from Ares P2P,not a bad Prog,anyway
    i'm not sure if it has the boot file within, "boot.ini" or NTLdr. I'm gonna
    try to burn it and see with "cdbxp_3.5.101.6 alpha.exe". It has a boot disk opt
    in it and i also have a copy of "bdf107.zip". And i also don't have a Floppy drive
    in my PC, i have to boot from a CD only, hence needing the boot files for XP Pro SP2 to intergrate into the copilation. Luckly i have a CD-RW ......

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly because the Windows XP CD is a bootable disc, it can take you to the recovery console if you need it to.

Perhaps you need to go into your bios and set your cd-rom as the first boot device instead of your hard drive.

Or maybe you have another operating system installed that changed your boot loader and want to boot into windows automatically using a boot disk?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Code:
    http://www.technipages.com/article22.html
    This site has a link to the img file you want and some other info. You don't need other stuff if your just making an image. Basically its the files from an XP CD, anything you want to integrate and the microsoft corporation.img file.

Here's a tut on how to use Nero to burn the image, it assumes you have integrated SP2:

Code:
    Make a bootable XP SP2 CD with Nero Burning ROM 6

First, start Nero Burning ROM and choose CD-ROM (Boot) from the New Compilation's Boot 

page (scroll down). Then, under "Source of boot image data," choose "Image file" and 

point it to "Microsoft Corporation.img" by clicking the Browse button (you need to 

download this file or create it from an original cd). Then, select the option titled 

"Enable expert settings (for advanced users only)" and change "Kind of emulation" to No 

Emulation, and change "Number of loaded sectors" to 4. The "Load segment of sectors" 

option should remain at its default value of 07C0. Now, select the Label page in Nero 

Burning ROM. Under "Volume label, ISO 9660" enter the name of your CD (WXPVOL_EN in my 

case which is the Corp edition). When this step is completed your done in this window 

select "new".

On the right side of the application, in the File Browser area, navigate to the windows 

files you saved on the hard drive. Then, select all of the files inside of that 

directory and copy them over to the new CD from the right window to the left new disk 

window. Burn!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ok Guy's, I guess i should have told ya'll that i have a Pirated version of XP Pro.
    There is no boot.ini or ntldr files that came with it...... I have it copied to disk, but
    i can't boot with it.......hope this is clearer.....sorry my bad

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    You need to explain. Do you have an iso or an exe? It can't be both.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Ok guy's, i do have both versions, my XP Corp is exe, and the Pro is iso.....
    I don't have floppy in my box or the original XP CD to boot from.......all i want to
    do is make a bootable CD for backup in case i need to format a drive and
    reinstall the OS. I guess i could view both versions to see if the proper files are
    there that i need to create a bootable disk.......

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10