Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Hulk

Poster BT Rep: +1
    Hello fellow forum members. Ok...before I start this Im going to lay some ground rules:

1. Do not post, "Is it out yet?" or "Is it on Kazaa yet" ...or anything to that accord. When there is a cam, or telesync available...you will know...by reading through the forum.
    2. Do not ask to trade files. This is a sharing community...go trade somewhere else.
    3. Do not do #1 or 2.

Ok now onto what you can do:

4. Discuss rumors about the Hulk film
    5. Post rumors...such as files on IRC, Bittorrent etc...
    6. Say whether its gonna be great or crap.
    7. Compare it to other films.
    8. Really anything...as long as its not 1 or 2

Ok...now onto the Hulk...some general information...

The film itself is simply titled 'HULK' not 'The Incredible Hulk'
    It is directed by Ang Lee, of Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon Fame (if you watch the BMW film directed by Lee youll notice an allusion to the HULK...if youve seen it you know what Im talking about...)
    -It stars Eric Bana as Bruce Banner, I remember him most from Black Hawk Down.
    -Jennifer Connely plays Betty Ross, was in both A Beautiful Mind and Requiem for a Dream, among many other films.
    -The plot of the film, diverges from the comic quite a bit. In the comic Bruce was merely transformed by a gamma blast into the green goliath. In the film however (from what Ive gathered from the trailers and Harry Knowles review of the script) Bruce is actually genetically tested on by his father. And there is 'something inside of him' ...which is then consequently released by the gamma blast.
    -The Hulk also difers size wise in this film. In the comics, at his largest HULK was around 10 ft tall (and that was very rarely) but based on some inside info (box of Hulk Cereal...no joke) he gets up to 15 ft in this film.
    -To see the Hulk trailers journey over to the official site. In total there have been 3 teasers, one tv spot, and 2 trailers (one international, the other domestic).
    -Currently Ang Lee is still working on finishing touches of the film, and will be until the end of May.
    -The release date is June 20.
    -And no...there are no copies of this film...none..so dont ask..remember rule 1!

Ok, thats it for now. Enjoy...

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Ok...I deciced to add this pic off of AICN ...I thought it really shows off how good the hulk looks in this film...

Oh and the brown stuff on him...well HULK has just climbed out of the sewers...so Im guessing... :x

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    hehehe this movie looks good =D cant wait for it. oh btw, WHERE IS THE SCREENER ?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    oh dude, can u help me with some info, like gimmi a site telling ya all bout da hulk.. cause like i wanna know if hes a bad guy, or a good guy, or like if hes evil n shit like that =DD

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Hi huuramis, there is NO screener!!! and no real copies on kazaa yet so you will have to wait till it comes out before you find a copy. Also for the info just try the official website or do searches in google, you might find what your lookin for there

Oh, it does look cool, sum shots of the Hulk in the trailer looks bad like it still needs work...hopefully when it comes out it will all be fine

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    lol...nice to finally see people using this...hope it continues...oh and thx for breaking the cardinal rule huuramis
    hehehe this movie looks good =D cant wait for it. oh btw, WHERE IS THE SCREENER ?
    You bas...lol..just j/k. I know you were goofing, but I really dont want any noobs coming in here, adn really asking for it. As for where to find info...well I already gave the link to the movies website. If you want to find out more about the comic Hulk just google it...now...ok...Im about to qoute Harry Knowles review of the script...but I warn there are spoilers in it...nothing major...but if you want to go into this movie fresh...dont read this...here we go:

Harry provides the first look anywhere at the shooting script for Ang Lee's THE HULK by James Schamus!
    When HULK went into production, I got a call from Avi Arad, I forget what he was calling me about, actually I think he was calling me regarding something having to do with Guillermo Del Toro. Anyway, as a conversation with Avi usually goes, Avi is usually excited, yet guarded… And as we went down the list of Marvel properties, I expressed my concern about the David Hayter draft of HULK, which was just terrible. He assured me that the HULK script that James Schamus and Ang Lee had put together was the best thing ever to happen to a Marvel property. I believe I said something like, “Well, I’ll see about that!” And that’s when Avi’s voice became absolutely serious… “You Will NEVER Read This Script!” “but” “Never, You Will Not Get This One!”
    Hehehehe…
    Earlier today, when I wrote up the tiny piece about Alfred Molina being confirmed as DR OCTOPUS in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN… I dropped a sentence in there that said: “Just read THE HULK shooting script, more on that later…” Not 20 minutes goes by before my phone rings and what should I see on the caller i.d.?
    TOY BIZ
    Hehehehe…
    It was Avi Arad. He was calling to find out what I thought of THE HULK shooting script. I could have played it icy and told him to wait like everyone else, but frankly… Avi is just about the only other person on the planet I know, that I could geek out about this script with that would know what the hell I was talking about. We were so into talking about the script and what Ang has done with the script, that we barely talked about anything else. Though… expect Kiefer Sutherland to be playing someone in the Marvel Universe soon… Possibly Leonardo DiCaprio too… Oh and did you know that Academy Award nominated screenwriter Robert Nelson Jacobs (CHOCOLAT & THE SHIPPING NEWS) is the screenwriter on WEREWOLF BY NIGHT? I seemed to have missed that one. Oh and expect THING hands when FANTASTIC FOUR comes out, that one is happening very soon now he tells me. Fox is no longer afraid to commit the money necessary to make the film the way it needs to be made. ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!! Just do it PERIOD too!
    So enough of that… you want to know about THE HULK.
    Well, be patient. I waited for nearly a day and a half before cracking open THE HULK to read. I was scared. I don’t want to be the one to tell folks… this is where Marvel’s streak ends. I don’t want that streak to end. I don’t want to have to write a single angry editorial about a Marvel film, I want an endless stream of smart fantasy, sci-fi, horror films with that MARVEL logo. Crossing all the studio stamps, I want these films done right.
    When I finally sat down to read it, I cracked the title page which carries no screenwriting credit. Just the title and a series of revisions: 1-7-02, 2-1-02, 2-19-02, 3-15-02, 4-2-02, 4-11-02 and 4-27-02. That final one was a “Buff Revision”
    The script starts with:
    “Oh soul, be changed to little water drops
    And fall into the ocean, never be found.”
    -- Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
    THE HULK as envisioned in this script is an epic tragedy of modern man on the cusp of brilliance and downfall. Originally the character was based on Robert Louis Stevenson’s DR JEKYLL & MR HYDE. Schamus gets that, but rather than base it merely upon Stan Lee and Jack Kirby’s super-empowered ID monster, he married the concept with a bit of Mary Shelly’s FRANKENSTEIN… The father that does not take responsibility for his creation. PLUS there is a true feeling and overriding ethos to the script regarding the ‘sins of the father’.
    There are deep hidden flaws in the mind of Bruce Banner. Bruce’s problems don’t begin with that Gamma Explosion… He’s got problems long before that. Problems, problems he doesn’t even know. Not merely bio-chemical issues, but scar tissue in the psyche. Pain, fury and anger so base, so buried in his mind that he can not even speak of it, think of it or acknowledge it in any manner.
    People have said, what’s so special about a big green super powered monster that leaps around?
    Well, if that was the movie they made, I could defend it at a pure comic book level. This, this there is no need to ever make excuses for. This script is dense material. Remember CLASSIC ILLUSTRATED comics? Those comic book versions of great novels and plays? Think of this in reverse. This script version of THE HULK, this feels as though truly ingenious minds sat down and reverse engineered the original material, upon which the comics were drawn.
    This is a script that has long character monologues, that are great. Witty back and forth dialogue that isn’t banter, its classic and classy.
    In the first 4 pages, at lightning speed we’re told the beginnings in sparse details. Nuggets, micro-pieces assembled to make us understand a bit of the horror involved. The story begins in 1965… yeah… 1965 with David Banner working at the top secret DESERT BASE on his own genetic experiments. As all over-eager achievers must do, he defies ethics for his own personal reasons, and gets slapped for it.
    We next step up to 1986. A teenage Bruce Banner, paralyzed by his own crippling fear of striking out. Why, I’ll let you discover later in a theater, but that conflict in him… it is a terrible thing.
    We move to present day.
    He doesn’t know his name, his first 5 years, his parents… a blank. He doesn’t care. He is a scientist. He’s in love with Betty Ross, a fellow scientist. They have had a relationship, it didn’t work out. Something about his inability to give of himself. He yearns but is closed off. We join the scene already in progress, it doesn’t start with the beginning, but with the response, the rebuttal, and frankly it is all we need to understand that Betty loves a flawed great man who can’t love himself or anyone else… and in Bruce we see that is not entirely true… that he is in fact paralyzed by fear. A fear he doesn’t understand, and is unwilling to understand.
    This is a film where dreams mean things. There are symbols to ponder, feelings to unleash… All of this having nothing to do with THE HULK, but everything to do with being THE HULK.
    Why does the HULK hate Banner, but do mainly good?
    Why is Banner intimidated by authority figures?
    Why is Banner driven?
    What is Banner hiding?
    He doesn’t know himself and he’s not looking to learn, he’s got his work. The grind, the obsessions, the dreams he can realize, not the dreams he can’t understand.
    You’re probably wondering about HULK DOGS right about now.
    The toy you saw online, that was the poodle. There is a Pit Bull and a Mastiff that hulk out. They are, BARELY, in the film. They are used in the first combat scene with the Hulk, and it is so he can fully and brutally unleash upon them. The scene is a night scene, in the Redwood Forest and it is bloody and cruel. The Hulk rips, tears and breaks them, the bite down and rip at him. A very short sequence, but it could be cool, ESPECIALLY since it is a shadow and dark sequence. It is a heroic sequence and the first time the Hulk understands what he can do. If it sucks, it’ll be over quickly. If it super-cool, there won’t be enough. There is no middle ground there.
    There are many fights, with many different types of things. Futuristic weaponry, traditional weaponry and even a superhuman foe.
    However, that’s not what I’m excited about right now. I’m excited by the dramatics and the material that is here for these actors to deliver. Bana has some tough scenes. Connelly is asked to handle some tough dramatic moments. Nick Nolte… well, if Nick Nolte delivers on his role, whew… great stuff here. Here’s a little moment from when Betty Ross confronts Nick Nolte’s David Banner character, you hear a part of this in the trailer… I’ll give you a bit more. This is delivered in a room between Nolte and Connelly. There are 3 snarling dogs in the room and Banner is BEING intimidating:
    David Banner
    My son is…unique. Impossible for you to
    relate to. And because he is unique the
    world will not tolerate his existence
    will they? But you try, don’t you? And a
    beautiful woman like you, your attentions
    can’t be completely unwanted, can they?
    Not with eyes like yours, watching
    expectantly, lovingly.
    The scene does escalate from there, but I like that. It is sinister, without the moustache twirl. And Nolte’s character is absolutely fascinating. He is operating from his own twisted sense of logic and purpose. If you were him, his decisions make complete sense, he’s a completely realized flawed character in here. He’s been wronged, he believes, and he’s acting out on that. And it has the makings of a great cinematic character.
    This HULK script does not represent the Hulk from the comics, you can see that here, but this isn’t a story taken from the pages of… Tales To Astonish or THE INCREDIBLE HULK. This isn’t the T.V. show or any of the cartoons. This script represents an intellectual filmmaker and screenwriter using the character as a jumping off point to something more than just the character we know or the books we love.
    The transformation scenes are described differently. I’m not real sure how it’ll translate, but the first time he transforms back:
    And then, as if in a dream, Hulk begins to transform, back to Banner, as if the rain were washing him, back to himself.
    I like that. The script is filled with that sort of stuff. The script sold me.
    As for Avi Arad’s phone call today, they’ve screened the film for Universal’s executives as it is right now, and there was silence in the room for several minutes. They were stunned. This has far more beauty and poetry and poignancy and soul than we were expecting from the property. Avi told me that visually, that Ang has taken specific moments and panels from the history of the Hulk and given them a moving life he never really dreamt of. This is a film of loud moments, large moments, quiet ones and little ones. There are human beings in this movie trapped in a tragedy beyond their control. With forces that they can’t command. It has the potential to be a truly great film, not just a great comic book movie. In a strange way, it felt a bit like STARMAN to me… not sure why, it isn’t that story, but it had that sort of weight to it.
    And that trailer… you haven’t seen anything yet. Really. You’ve seen nothing thus far.
    Good stuff...thats all for now true beleivers.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    as if i would read that long ass thing, in my whole life i havent read not even 1 book, NOT 1! little own a movie script.. hehe.. yeahs i was just screwing round bout the screener dude, lol, but yeah, cant wait for the movie.. oh and btw, isnt it weird they chose eric banner as the hulk hey.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    If g roggman can show me the light on how to get a screenshot up so all you disbelievers can see then i will gladly learn and get it up there to share. RSVP groggman and ill put it up no bs ill do it ok??

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Yeah Huuramis it is kind of ironic that the guy playing the HULK has the exact same last name. Its also kind of weird that they picked a relative new star (at least here in the states) to take on the major role. But Im sure Ang Lee knew what he was doing

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    OK xvid...ill try and stop people from flaming ya, if you can get a screenshot up....first though you have to tell me what format the movie itself is in (oh and you should have put this in the Official Hulk thread m8).

Edit: OH and the trading the file for others...thats a big no-no around here bro, we can show you how to get the HULK file hosted on Kazaa or Bittorrent and we'll tell you where you can get Reloaded (Bad Boys 2...nothing is out on that)...but this isnt a trading community, its a file sharing one.

Edit:To whoever merged the two threads THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 22 123411 ... LastLast