Thread: Need Assistance With The Switch From Win Me

Roosh's Avatar Poster
    So, this post will be written very noobishly so bare with me...

>You can't exactly uninstall an OS, right? So how do I fully remove ME in preparation for installing the XPs while saving all the important stuff? My folders and file won't be affected, right? (No need to back anything up)

>I noticed in the Office Folder that it contains IE 5, while I'm running 6 -- Is there a way to install without selecting certain components? Will I have to redownload and reinstall 6 after?

>The setup files alone for both XPs are over 1.1 gigs -- when can I get rid of them or will I need to keep them? (hope not&#33

>Please direct my attention to any other important factors to the upgrade that I'm missing

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Microsoft's Windows XP Advisor

Download this from Microsoft, it will advise you on Hardware/Software Compatibility.

By the way, you will get to keep all your current files and folders when UPGRADING not FULL, CLEAN INSTALL but will need to reinstall all applications and software, as well as get new XP video drivers

Good Luck

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Duties are not performed for duty's sake, but because their neglect would make the man uncomfortable. A man performs but one duty - the duty of contenting his spirit, the duty of making himself agreeable to himself.
    Mark Twain