Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Pc Is Giving Me Zits!

Its no joke ppl

I NEVER used to get them but now i seem to,is it linked i think so.

The thing, is i bought my pc just b4 i joining this great community here and because i have my pc in my bedroom,its like 100 f**kin degrees in here lol.

I have a Amd Athlon 2000,straight outa the box oh another thing its pretty loud aswell

So,
    1.How do i cool it down at not a very high cost (rules out watercooled&#33

2. Make it quiet,so i can sleep again no stupid costs involved

Thanks for listening

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    http://www.silentpcreview.com/

The Silent PC

Silent PC guide

603,000 results on Google with the words "silent" and "pc".

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Cheers Bender im ok at the mo but i feel a breakout is coming lol

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I hear ya. I have a very hot bedroom with my computer with me and I noticed extra zits too. I thought it was stress.

You may want to get a modded case for your hardware with extra fans. It should bring down the heat.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by mobboss01@22 May 2003 - 19:37
    I hear ya. I have a very hot bedroom with my computer with me and I noticed extra zits too. I thought it was stress.

You may want to get a modded case for your hardware with extra fans. It should bring down the heat.
    Great, thanks mobboss01 its good to know im not alone

I thought ppl would've thought i was a bit s-t-u-p-i-d for starting this thread lol!

I'll be checking all suggestions out

Cheers all :beerchug:

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    its just a thought, but cooling your processor/case more won't cool your room at all. It will actually make your room hotter. Try opening a window

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by ian_l_williams@23 May 2003 - 08:52
    its just a thought, but cooling your processor/case more won't cool your room at all. It will actually make your room hotter. Try opening a window
    Sorry dont understand

So your telling me you cant make it cooler?

To quote a phrase "I DONT BELEIVE IT"!!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I thought u (and mobboss1) were saying your room was hot because u had your computer in there and that because of this heat u were getting zits. Everyone had ideas on how to cool your computer better(ie cool it more or quieter). Obviously the quieter cooling solves one of your problems, but wasn't the heat problem the spots? Hence my comment that cooling your computer would make ur situation worse as it would raise the temperature of your room.

edit: Also cooling your room would make the amount of cooling you need to provide to your computer lower.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Forum Star
    Compare it with a refrigerator: inside it it's cold, but it produces a lot of heat at the outside (ie at the back of it), thus warming up the kitchen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast