Thread: problems with vista and nvidia

shosh's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i have install windows vista enterprise edition and i have an geforcefx card. im having problems installing nvidia's forceware drivers. it either says that there is not compatible hardware in my comp or i dont have vista installed? im trying to install forceware 97.46 with vista. i found an older version of the driver but there is no control panel available on the display properties. does anyone else have this problem and/or a possible solution?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    I had to uninstall the default "driver" that Vista installed for my video card, install Nvidia driver do a restart and everything was fine.

I'm using a 7950 GX2 card.

Might be worth trying.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DISABLED PRIVS
    there are also a lot of printer problems because it installs the wrong printer drivers many times also the voice commands aren't the greatest

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ahmed84h's Avatar Torrent Addicted BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Go to www.Nvidia.com and u will find ur VGA Driver for Vista they released a lot of VGA drivers for Vista

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shosh View Post
    i have install windows vista enterprise edition and i have an geforcefx card. im having problems installing nvidia's forceware drivers. it either says that there is not compatible hardware in my comp or i dont have vista installed? im trying to install forceware 97.46 with vista. i found an older version of the driver but there is no control panel available on the display properties. does anyone else have this problem and/or a possible solution?
    i have vista ultimate edition installed and the 97.46's also. worked fine for me. there is a compatibility list for the cards and drivers on the same page right be4 u dl these drivers. make sure ur card is on there!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503