Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone interested in sharing a seedbox with me for $30/mo?

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by morphine View Post
    Who downloads more, who uploads more?
    although the server is advertised as having "unmetered bandwidth," in actuality, it can be pushed to "only" 9-10TB. i say "only" because, really, who uses that much bandwidth in a month?!!

as for who downloads or uploads more, no need to worry. not only can the server push up to 10TB/mo, i am confident that around 2TB/person is enough so there's no need to monitor anything.

also, PixelFX i believe has an MRTG so we can monitor how much bandwidth is already being used. and since each person will have his/her own IP with uTorrent, it has it's own "stats" screen (Help->Show Statistics) where it will show how much bw that person has used.

in addition, i will install NetLimiter on each person's remote desktop and limit his/her bandwidth to 2TB/mo. that way, everyone gets his/her own share of the bandwidth.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    but having so many users on that server? will it not be slow? I am intereseted, just would want to know that and also, for how long would I be committing muself?

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    ten elite brains's Avatar /\ anagram /\ BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Is there a minimum period you need to rent the server for, like 12 months?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    but having so many users on that server? will it not be slow? I am intereseted, just would want to know that and also, for how long would I be committing muself?
    again, not everyone will use 10-11MB/s every single minute of the day. obviously, there will be times when everyone will either be uploading and/or downloading something. also, the server won't have "too many" users. 3 i think is ok and 5 is the most.

the beauty of it is:

a. it will definitely be a LOT faster than your current home ISP
    b. you won't have to worry about turning off your PC
    c. etc.

as for how long you'll be committing yourself, it's all up to you! you can try it only for a month, if you like. all i ask is, tell me WEEKS before your month end so i can find someone who will replace your slot.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    Panther's Avatar lost BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    and this service? how strict is it against torrents being seeded on their server? do they scan hardrives for rar files and such?

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ten elite brains View Post
    i PM'd someone on FT.N who has a server with them and he told me that there is no minimum contract term.

also, if you look at the first post of this thread, right where i provided the link to this offer, you will notice that i posted a question asking for the min. contract term to confirm what my friend said.

but normally, since this a month-to-month thing, there is no commitment. besides, since i'll be paying via PayPal (for all who will share the server), i can easily "unsubscribe" automatically so i won't get charged again next time.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    and this service? how strict is it against torrents being seeded on their server? do they scan hardrives for rar files and such?
    no, they do not scan their customers HD. they are not that strict because they are only a few of the providers who ALLOW IRC-related stuff on their servers as well as adult content.

that, and my good friend from FT.N has been using this server to seed there (and from other trackers, as well).

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by r0uJe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ten elite brains View Post
    i PM'd someone on FT.N who has a server with them and he told me that there is no minimum contract term.

also, if you look at the first post of this thread, right where i provided the link to this offer, you will notice that i posted a question asking for the min. contract term to confirm what my friend said.

but normally, since this a month-to-month thing, there is no commitment. besides, since i'll be paying via PayPal (for all who will share the server), i can easily "unsubscribe" automatically so i won't get charged again next time.
    there is NO contract term, please go here for confirmation...

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    dude, you just cant be serious

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    Poster
    thanks to all those who PM'd. to those who would like to get in, there will be some slots open next month as some of the users will only do a 1-month "trial"...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast