Thread: how to send a link via email

Tony L's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Sorry if this is not the forum for this question but i want to send a link to my brother inlaw via email for him to connect to newshoosting ect.I've tried to copy and paste but it does not work when he gets the email.Obviuosly the links are from the internet all i want him to do is clic onto the link i send him and it will open up the Internet on the web page .I've also tried a attachment but it will only open my documents and not the web.

I'm using outlook express.
    Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Well, I recommend switching to Mozilla Thunderbird because its a better email program. However, that shouldnt affect your problem.

So first off, what kind of link is it? If its just some http url link, I have no idea why its not working. You state you want him to connect to newshosting. For that to work, he would need a usenet program like grabbit and newshosting access. If he doesnt have that, he will not be able to recieve a file from usenet.

You say you tried to send it as an attachment but it doesnt open "the web". Erm, not sure what you mean by that. But like I said, if you are trying to send him something over usenet, he needs access to it first (through newshosting or some other provider).

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Tony L's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    What i was trying to do was to give him the links to newshosting and newsleecher, just to save him having to google it,i'm just trying to make things a bit easier for him.
    And also i would know how to do these thing's myself if i need to do it in the future.
    Thanks.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony L View Post
    Sorry if this is not the forum for this question but i want to send a link to my brother inlaw via email for him to connect to newshoosting ect.I've tried to copy and paste but it does not work when he gets the email.Obviuosly the links are from the internet all i want him to do is clic onto the link i send him and it will open up the Internet on the web page .I've also tried a attachment but it will only open my documents and not the web.

I'm using outlook express.
    Thanks.
    Think the problem is with your brother-in-laws security settings on his mail program.

ps, have a look in your "Sent" folder and see if the link shows on the mail just to make sure the problem is at his end.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    carbon75's Avatar Stronger than steel
    Some emails and ISP do not allow active links in email. AOL in particular does this. In those cases the links just show up as text. He can copy that text and paste it into the address bar of his browser and it should work.