Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scene rules?

iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Who established them? For movies it's all right we have DVDRips, DVD-Rs, HDTV-rips and more, but why almost all music is encoded in VBR to meet scene rules. We download it illegally anyway so why there is so little HQ mp3's and almost all VBR's? VBR's sounds awfully compared to 320's on my car audio.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS
    do download flacs instead.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Download the music from Oink. Be thankful that it's ~199VBR and not 192 CBR.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    iStix's Avatar I'm rich b*ch!!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by andrzejek1999 View Post
    do download flacs instead.
    Tell me at least one tracker that has lots of new House, Tribal and astral stuff in flac... Personally I don't know any.
    Oink isn't that good at 0-day stuff. TT and Filemp3 is much better for EDM. But the question wasn't about where to download. I'm asking why...?
    Last edited by iStix; 02-05-2007 at 11:31 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS
    btmusic
    exigo

and tons of irc dcc channels.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by andrzejek1999 View Post
    btmusic
    exigo

and tons of irc dcc channels.
    WTF are you talking about... BTMusic has non or very little EDM music. I don't like rock, pop,.....:p

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Do you know how VBR works iStix ? If you do you should know that the parts who need the 320bits do get it.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    If you don't like it, pay for your music. I don't see why you come to complain in a file sharing forum. Filesharing is at times even better than actually buying the items (even if the prices are ignored) as there is so much rare/underground/exclusive stuff that would likely never see the light of a store shelve, yet it is available on OiNK and other great trackers for your FREE downloading pleasure (provided you seed back ).

There is also great competition between release groups to put out good stuff so that you, the illegal downloader, can enjoy it in the fastest possible way and in the best possible quality.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Cerise's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by iStix View Post
    Who established them? For movies it's all right we have DVDRips, DVD-Rs, HDTV-rips and more, but why almost all music is encoded in VBR to meet scene rules. We download it illegally anyway so why there is so little HQ mp3's and almost all VBR's? VBR's sounds awfully compared to 320's on my car audio.
    It is the scene groups who fix the scene rules.
    So maybe you should ask them?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Scene Standard rules:

11. Quality

current minimum bitrate is 160kbit

it's not allowed to re-release something in 192kbit (or higher) because

a previous release was only 160kbit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast