Thread: Fixing Bad Frames To Burn Svcd/vcd's

How can i fix bad frames in a avi movie in order to make a svcd?

VdubMP3 crashes on me when i try to check for bad frames (normal vdub gives me the VBR warning )

Ive used fineto check other fils but on this one its not having it

Any ideas guys??

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Ok as no one knows/or is not interested! could anyone tell me if it would work ok if i went ahead and burned it anyway with/without bad frames.

It plays good on my pc but would it be alright on a dvd player??

Thanks

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Originally posted by bronco@23 May 2003 - 15:04
    Ok as no one knows/or is not interested! could anyone tell me if it would work ok if i went ahead and burned it anyway with/without bad frames.

It plays good on my pc but would it be alright on a dvd player??

Thanks
    You can fix it with normal Virtual Dub too,set "Direct stream copy" to video and "Full process mode" in audio,then scan for bad frames and save it as a new AVI

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    Download vdub (the version that looks for freezes) and pass avi file through vdub and the bad sectors are detected and either delete manually or if you can get the version that remove the files for you.

I prefer to do it mnaually as see what scenes are cut out and make the best of a bad thing.

Try here WWW.dvdrhelp.com/tools.htm

Cheers SMID

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Originally posted by SMID@23 May 2003 - 17:59
    Download vdub (the version that looks for freezes) and pass avi file through vdub and the bad sectors are detected and either delete manually or if you can get the version that remove the files for you.

I prefer to do it mnaually as see what scenes are cut out and make the best of a bad thing.

Try here WWW.dvdrhelp.com/tools.htm

Cheers SMID
    The normal version mask them automatic after scanning the bad frames.

The one who looks for "freezes" scans the movie and then give a log file over the bad frames is called VdubMP3 but he canīt use it cuz he said it crash.

So the best method is to set "Direct stream copy" on video and "Full process mode" on audio,this will make the audio uncompressed and it will be huge like 700 MB so the saved movie will be like 1400 MB.
    But the size of the vcd DOES NOT get any bigger.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    BANNED
    m8 if ur still gettin nowhere from crack_man sugestion like vdubs still crashin as a last resort u could tri progs like avifixed(dvd digest.com)
    there a bit dodgy but they work now and again B)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Ok, Crack_man thanks for that but i get the VBR warning

It works and everything but its skewed the audio out of sync

I'll check out CosmoK avifixed suggestion as the last resort.

Cheers for trying to help guys [

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by bronco@23 May 2003 - 10:48

VdubMP3 crashes on me when i try to check for bad frames (normal vdub gives me the VBR warning )

Ive used fineto check other fils but on this one its not having it  

Any ideas guys??
    OK..this is what you have to do (been there, and done it..)...use the _freeze version..

run your scan...when vdub crashes, look for what frame it crashed at....write it down, memorize, whatever...

restart vdub, and move a decent distance past the crash point in the scan...then move backwards until vdub crashed again..again, notate the frame it crashed at...at this point you have the beginning point and the end point noted, and you can now resart vdub, and using the edit functions of 'go to', 'set starting point', and 'set end point' you can delete the fekked frames...you may have to feel your way through this, as sometimes you have to 'go to' the frame before or after the first/last bad frame...if you read the crash info, I bet it gives some mention of frames not pointing to the correct piece of data...

OK, now....using the direct stream copy, save as avi...

then scan for bad frames again...you may have the crash phenomenom happen a few more times, refrain from destroying valuable parts, and deal with it..LOL...(I had to do this 3 times with LOTR-TTT disc 1&#33

finally, you will get a scan for bad frames that actually works, and either passes it, or gives the normal log of bad frames...

Oh, and of course, make a copy of the original file before you start doing things to it, just in case...and if you have to do repeated edits to get a final playable result, delete the unnessecary ones as you go along to save drive space if you need...

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Originally posted by Satan+23 May 2003 - 22:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Satan @ 23 May 2003 - 22:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bronco@23 May 2003 - 10:48

Ive used fineto check other fils but on this one its not having it &nbsp;

Any ideas guys??
    OK..this is what you have to do (been there, and done it..)...use the _freeze version..

run your scan...when vdub crashes, look for what frame it crashed at....write it down, memorize, whatever...

restart vdub, and move a decent distance past the crash point in the scan...then move backwards until vdub crashed again..again, notate the frame it crashed at...at this point you have the beginning point and the end point noted, and you can now resart vdub, and using the edit functions of &#39;go to&#39;, &#39;set starting point&#39;, and &#39;set end point&#39; you can delete the fekked frames...you may have to feel your way through this, as sometimes you have to &#39;go to&#39; the frame before or after the first/last bad frame...if you read the crash info, I bet it gives some mention of frames not pointing to the correct piece of data...

OK, now....using the direct stream copy, save as avi...

then scan for bad frames again...you may have the crash phenomenom happen a few more times, refrain from destroying valuable parts, and deal with it..LOL...(I had to do this 3 times with LOTR-TTT disc 1&#33

finally, you will get a scan for bad frames that actually works, and either passes it, or gives the normal log of bad frames...

Oh, and of course, make a copy of the original file before you start doing things to it, just in case...and if you have to do repeated edits to get a final playable result, delete the unnessecary ones as you go along to save drive space if you need... [/b][/quote]
    Totally spot on Satan

Would like to give you the credit but i actully did this myself before reading your post

I was just messing about with it and thought i&#39;d delete a few frames before it crashes and a few frames after as well after noting the crash point.

Pleased to say that it gave no bad frames report after running thru Vdub again and now it encodes

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    whats a bad frame no seriously since I stared downloading certain files from irc and bittorrent I haven&#39;t seen any. Its also faster.On a sad note I&#39;ve seemed to downloaded all the files I want.Need more new releases lol lol addicted to downloading I have many files I haven&#39;t even seen yet. kazaa is great for older files but there are to few sources for new ones. And yes I&#39;ve done my share of converting and burnning .Save yourself time and hassle buy a tv out video card and enjoy (cheap me bought mine for 10&#036; older pci (i use dual video cards) )