Thread: easiest software to burn movies

a friend who knows little about computers want to copy dvds movies onto her hard drive or burn onto a cd in avi format as she doesnt have a dvd burner. what is easiest and quickest software to use

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DvdDecrypter will copy most dvd's to the hard drive as a full sized or movie only file but using a DVD Ripper would go strait to avi and save alot of room. Ripit4Me is freeware ripping, but will need something like AnyDvd running in the background to remove protections. For the TV, once in avi format, she could use the freeware opensource Avi2Dvd to make a vcd to watch the movie on TV because vcd's burn to cd not dvd so if she has a cd burner she's good to go (vcd's don't burn well faster than 8x speed, they tend to pixelate higher than that). Except for AnyDvd their all free and can be googled by name. AnyDvd can be found all over the place in fixable form if she so desires to go that route.

Dvd burners are really not all that expensive these days, when I bought my first one I paid $200 and it burned at a whopping 2x speed, now you can get an excellent burner for $40 or less. If she says she has no room she's wrong, if she has a dvd player (and she has to have at least a player to rip to the hard drive) then she has a place to put the drive by swapping out the player.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 02-08-2007 at 03:40 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post

Dvd burners are really not all that expensive these days, when I bought my first one I paid $200 and it burned at a whopping 2x speed, now you can get an excellent burner for $40 or less. If she says she has no room she's wrong, if she has a dvd player (and she has to have at least a player to rip to the hard drive) then she has a place to put the drive by swapping out the player.
    I really think that getting a DVD burner is the better choice.

$29.99 IDE 18X DVD Burner: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136103

Blank DVD media is very inexpensive now too.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    that's the exact burner I bought a few months ago. My mom got the same one, too. It's a great burner.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    spidey99's Avatar Nolaloth BT Rep: +1
    nero does it all if you know how to use it.but if she buys a dvd writer she can try covertXtoDVD to make dvds from any file...also you don't need to buy a 18x dvd writer as you can hardly find a dvd that supports that speed.i recommend lg.