Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: boot up problem

popwar's Avatar Popwar
    booting up is not the problem. let me say that first. its the way it does it. when i boot up with my monitor plugged into my video card it stays a black screen with monitor in sleep/standby mode until the welcome screen then its fine. but if i boot up with my monitor plugged into my onboard graphics card it boots up fine showing the boot options and xp loading bar. i've tried to reinstall my video card drivers and set default settings in bios under onboard boot up. i dont know what the fuck the problem is. it booted up fine on my card before i upgraded my system.

system specs:
    Amd Athlon 64 3200+ (venice core)
    xp professional
    biostar geforce 6100 motheroard with 256mb on board gfx (ob gfx suck)
    Visiontek Radeon x1300 256mb ddr video card PCI
    512mbram ddr

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    change the settings in bios to onboard video off...and then it will boot from graphics card

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i dont think theres an option for that in my bios but i already did it in my device manager and even though its disabled it still boots up to welcome screen then goes black and then i would have to switch to my x1300 card to view welcome screen and so on..

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Physically open your computer case. there should be a jumper to set your bios back to default settings. it will be 3 pins with a jumper connecting 2 of them. With the power OFF, remove the jumper and move it so that it then connects one of the original pins and the other lone pins. then place the jumper back to its original setting. Boot up and this should fix it (given that you could see the boot process when you first set up your computer)
    Last edited by mbucari1; 02-09-2007 at 07:12 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    ok i'll try it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    did it work??

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    no it didnt work lol

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Are you sure that there isn't a way to disable the onboard video? An option in the BIOS or a jumper on the motherboard?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    popwar's Avatar Popwar
    i'll look in bios again but the jumpers on the motherboard gave me hell for about 20min. its like 3 little pins and 2 pins next to each other where it looks like one after i pulled them off the pins i was like.. fuck... i figure it out though not wantin to go threw that again.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    There certainly isn't a jumper that changes this option, but I remember that there is a bios setting.

The option you want is something like "primary graphics adapter", or "Initial display adapter", the choices should be pretty obvious.

My brother has one of these motherboards, if you haven't resolved this by tomorrow I'll go and have a look at his system.

I notice that the downloadable manual is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard with respect to bios settings, maybe the printed version has more info.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast