Thread: Hash check

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    Ok, i made a new torrent, upload the .torrent file to the tracker. post the torrent on the tracker. then d/l the .torrent to start seeding. when i start d/ling that .torrent is it ok to "tick" the box next to skip hash check so it doesnt sit there and check the files? i know they're all there cuz i just made the torrent.... so is this ok to bypass all the checking?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Not ok since you are trying to upload using the torrent downloaded from the site. If you don't re-check the hashes, your client will think that you are trying to doenload it, making 1 leech and 0 seeds. However, I know for a fact that azureus has an option to open a torrent up for seeding directly after creating it.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    what i actually did was skip hash check and clicked select none then ok. so it went straight to seed and people are leeching from me. the torrent works fine just wanted to make sure it wasnt bad to do. just takes too long on a seed box with 4 users.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    which client are you using?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    utorrent