Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Why Don't Some Share

i cant share for that long because i have a 2 gig upload cap from my isp i usually stop sharing after 3 weeks

2. File Sharing   -   #62
    At the moment I have 2 upload slots open but usually I have it set at 3 (never have it at more than 4). The only thing is 1 user will get a decent speed (usually around 17-30) while the other uploaders will get bad speeds of around 5 or less. Oh well at least you're getting something.
    But I do feel like there is something wrong when a user gets a good speed and when I do a search on them I see nothing, but when I do a seach on the uploaders with a worse speed they are sharing files.
    Anyway at least I can actually get good speeds when downloading . Although when I am downloading something &#39;rare&#39; it can go at about 2kbps, I had a file last week going at 0.87 with 3 users <<<<WTF.

BTW I&#39;m on k-lite 1.7.2 now.

3. File Sharing   -   #63
    Originally posted by loz@31 May 2003 - 23:24
    But I do feel like there is something wrong when a user gets a good speed and when I do a search on them I see nothing,
    they may have the option selected to not show their shared files....its only a thought...but if ya havent used the newer versions of klite then you wouldnt know about this option...

4. File Sharing   -   #64
    I dont share because I dont feel obligated to. I cancel all downloads and quickly move the files away. The main reason is orginization. Nothing last more than 2 days on my computer I quickly burn everything to DVD-R. Im a media whore I leave my computer on 24/7 and d/l hundreds of files at a time. I have a Program to move them as soon as they are complete. You can hate me all you want and flame me all you want but that still wont change anything. I dont believe in sharing I only take and I have full right to do so.

^_^x

5. File Sharing   -   #65
    1. because they are just leacher
    2. because paranoid
    3. same reason, just a leacher and will always be a leacher.
    Amen.

6. File Sharing   -   #66
    Originally posted by Battousai 1983@1 June 2003 - 10:17
    I dont share because I dont feel obligated to. I cancel all downloads and quickly move the files away. The main reason is orginization. Nothing last more than 2 days on my computer I quickly burn everything to DVD-R. Im a media whore I leave my computer on 24/7 and d/l hundreds of files at a time. I have a Program to move them as soon as they are complete. You can hate me all you want and flame me all you want but that still wont change anything. I dont believe in sharing I only take and I have full right to do so.

^_^x
    You will change your way of thinking when i track your IP down, if you think it cant be traced through this forum, guess again.....

7. File Sharing   -   #67
    Originally posted by Battousai 1983@1 June 2003 - 10:17

^_^x
    RUN BEFORE THEY BEAT YOU SENSELESS&#33;&#33;.

I gotta admit your too funny, you should start a post with that attitude, it would be a nut house...
    all though here come the TR PS.

8. File Sharing   -   #68
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I&#39;ve just stopped sharing...Why? because I realised its benificial to me not to share. I&#39;ve been using Kazaa/Kazaalite/K-lite for a while now and I use it to obtain files I want to get. There is nothing more annoying than trying to download something and people jamming up your connection by downloading things from you (even if you limit the download space to just one it still effects it and trying to cancel them just means they reconnect). I used to share everything I downloaded but I&#39;ve gradually closed down my files (starting with the largest and working my way down) until I got fed up and just stopped all of them.

9. File Sharing   -   #69
    I dont share because I dont feel obligated to. ...I dont believe in sharing I only take and I have full right to do so.
    You feel no obligation to share.... well maybe I shoudn&#39;t share and maybe I should tell everyone else there is no need to share anything, lets see how long the network will last then, cmon what&#39;s up with you, you only take- how do you think you managed to get the files it wasn&#39;t because of leechers like you.
    It&#39;s times like this when you think about going to look for a new network...

SeK612 what type of connection do you have?

10. File Sharing   -   #70

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast