Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Don't Some Share

Ok so I was on kazaa today sharing and some guy starts downloading a pretty rare file off me (one that took me hours to get that I had to arrange to get off someones FTP) and he downloads off me at 30kb/s. (would have taken him few hours no effort)
    He wasn't sharing...
    --------
    myusername@KaZaA:
    Ok well if your not even gonna give me a reason to why you're not sharing you're not having the episode of me
    --------
    mauricio@KaZaA:
    (he replied with a blank)
    --------
    myusername@KaZaA:
    Ok well I have unshared it, if you want the episode (and my others) then either share or at least tell me why you're not sharing
    --------

mauricio@KaZaA:
    I am not sharing...cuz I dont want to... that simple my friend...

--------
    myusername@KaZaA:
    Well this is even more simple F*CK OFF AND DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO DOWNLOAD OFF ME IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR CONNECTION, YOU'RE JUST BEING A TIGHT B*STARD AND I SHALL WARN OTHERS OF YOU!
    --------
    mauricio@KaZaA:
    whatever!
    --------

(Wish I'd have got his IP)

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    The only people I'd give any slack to would be 56K dialup users downloading an MP3. Back when I was handicapped with 56K, I used to download certain files I wanted. And then, when I was done, I'd open up sharing so people uploading from me could get the best speed I could give them (and just leave my computer on until the ISP logged me off). But, there isn't much of an excuse for broadband users not sharing.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    The example person was on broadband, he's not sharing, and he's an asshole.
    That's 3 good reasons to kick him off.

I use TCPview + Peer Guardian to actuall ban-by-ip for a few hours the leeches I spot.

Also, I allow more than 1 upload at a time (typically set to 5) because I don't want most of it to go idle and so a single leech SHOULDN'T be able to get >50% of my bandwidth.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    We need to start making lists of IPs that we could post here on the board. It would get to be a good deterent. It might make people think twice about sharing if they knew they could be added to the list. If a lot of us would block them with peerguardian then they wouldn't get sources. 56k users would not be affected, their IPs change with each logon. I still think 56k users should share. Broadband users should not have a choice.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    i dont share....main reason is because i play multiplayer games, and the uploading files would give me about 300ping compared to my 30-50 average. Im to lazy to keep turning it off and on through menu options, if there was say a button in the toolbar that enabled it and disabled it i might possibly change my ways when not play online games.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    it isnt hard to close it you know, you right click on the icon in taskbar and then hit exit :rtfm:

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    FvKin GeniuS :D
    some people dont upload because the isp does not allow it because there gay because without sharing what would p2p be
    Board rule: max 500x150 Pixels (w x h)

https://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/albegaleeeee.jpg

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Anyone not sharing and allowing uploading should not download. Period.

@Headbust, If you are that lazy then why don't you just leave Kazaalite off or uninstall it.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    ChaoTix
    Hey,

They just need to disable sharing in kazaa disabled!!!

If you dont want much to upload, you can still adjust your upload speed to 1 kb/sec.

Greetz,

ChaoTix

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    i dont share but i'm not d/ling every day i do about 3 gbs cause thats all i get for the month if i could share i would

p.s i bet im not the only one!!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast