Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: giveaway's - is it worth??

walczanin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    ok

i posted this thread here cuz it concerns this section at most.
    I will have to reconsider if it's still worth, to take a risk, and responsibility for invitees.

Week or so ago i gave away some x264 invites, and after 2-3 days i found out that someone informed x264stuff about it, and as a result my account was disabled. Well, i thought bad luck, and once i registered for the second time, i gave away some x264 again............and shit happened again, this time i received warning for inviting a user who was previously disabled for cheating, and once he got invite from me, apparently he cheated again. Im not gonna post his nickname, cuz unfortunately theres no such a section where i could report that kind of stuff ............

So just my advice to all good fst members, think twice before u invite somoene.............well at least in case where u can loose quite a lot.
    And as a result all u noobs can forget about x264 from me. From now on all my giveaways will concern only elite members, until i change my mind.

peace
    Last edited by walczanin; 02-11-2007 at 10:20 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    walczaning, don't use the same name here as you do at trackers.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    asafisraeli123's Avatar Emsee is a nub :D:D BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    let him who gives invites to take the responsability...

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    walczanin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by Backslash View Post
    walczaning, don't use the same name here as you do at trackers.

im not mate
    (there are few sites i have the same nickname, but i never trade these(1excpetion), nor givaway their invites)
    Last edited by walczanin; 02-11-2007 at 10:25 AM.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    Backslash's Avatar you're dead BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    well you did trade me an account that had walczanin as its name and was immediately flagged as invite trader so i had trade that acc away for nothing

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Backslash View Post
    well you did trade me an account that had walczanin as its name and was immediately flagged as invite trader so i had trade that acc away for nothing
    sorry to hear that mate,that was a mistake i will never make again
    Last edited by walczanin; 02-11-2007 at 10:27 AM.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Yeh mate I defiantly do agree with you, I gave away 5 bitme invites not to long ago and from that I have three users with ratio's of 0 and a very high dl so as walczanin said be very wearing of who you give them to. However in saying that I beleive free invites should be something encouraged more here.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Alco23's Avatar Karma... BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    It's a risk everytime you give/trade an invite. Even after you ask for ratios it's still a risk. However, torrents are all about giving, so I'll keep in the spirit and keep giving. If I run into "bad" peeps (scammers & cheaters etc) I'll note it down and try to avoid it next time. That said, if I had a bad run like Walczanin I 'd probably get jaded too and stop giving sites I find more precious to randoms.

Bad luck Walczanin, you know what they say about karma. Your good run is due .

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    yea people do have to be careful at times and take precautions but don't stop giving due to a few bad eggs. The torrent community exists due to people like you guys giving and remember when you started new and had no invites.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    janine's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +1
    There are a lot of people on here that seem to have access to everything. Apparantly they are here for an increased rep and/or the good of the community, since they obviously don't need any accounts or invites. What if some of these people could make themselves available for checking out people's creds? Like a broker they could hold details in "escrow" until they have verified the recipients creds. They would receive rep and thanks, but hard to see what else could be given in reward, though... but, I suppose the user category "Broker" could be of interest to some..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast