Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tuneup utilities

Tony L's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I'm thinking of getting tuneup utilities 2007, would that recover some of my memory. The reason why i'm asking this is because sometime ago i posted a thread regards low memory, at the time i had 192ram, i was told that was to low so i increased it to 640ram, things seem to be OK for a while when i was burning media, but now i seem to be getting the same error as before half way through burning so i was told that tuneup utilities will work, but i want to be sure before i buy.
    Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Colt Seevers's Avatar P()()p!3 $CR/-\P3R$ BT Rep: +3
    Tony your on a file sharing forum, Peer 2 peer and all that pish, what's all this talk about "buying" software??

I know for a fact you could get that in a few minutes searching from bit torrent, just a suggestion like.

Oh, I forgot and as to if it will help your problem or not, well... it can't hurt.... only God knows whats wrong with your PC mate. This new RAM you got, what are the makes are they compatible? Have you tried running with just 512mb stick in? There are others on this board more tech savvy than me, I can only offer advice from my own experience in the wonderful world of PC's.

You may also want to try Crap Cleaner Just to clean unwanted junk out, it's free!
    Last edited by Colt Seevers; 02-12-2007 at 08:55 PM. Reason: rethink

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Sorry colt i know what you're saying, but would it solve my problem

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tuneup is great... all except 4 their ram thingy. it uses more mem than it recovers. freeram xp pro is ay better and free 2.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks ram82082

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    The "Tweaknow Powerpack" has a RAM optimizer feature similar to tuneup utilities but i've never used it so I cant say if it's good or not but you could give it a shot.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Post a "hijackthis log" and maybe we can see if you are abusing your system with useless items, which are causing delay.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    DDRFREAK1030's Avatar DDR PRO xD
    recovering the memory only temp though...

o well i use my OLD programs like system mechanic for that. sucks but its cool

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Tuneup is a good program. It cleans a lot of trash of your system

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by domseg View Post
    Tuneup is a good program. It cleans a lot of trash of your system

Yep it sure is but I'm wondering about the ram ? You took out 64 mb then added 512 mb to go with the 128 you had left ? Does the speed of the ram match up ?

Mabye as Colt suggests try with just the 512 mb stick , clean up your trash , defrag , reboot then try burning . Tuneup is a very good utility try the trial then worry about the price or crack .

http://www.tune-up.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast