Thread: uTorrent memory problem...

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    Ok, i'm on a seed box with as many as 4 users logged in at a time. Only have 1GB of ram but i don't believe thats the issue here. It normally happens when i'm d/ling. My mem usage just keeps climbing and my commit charge continues to rise until it maxes out and utorrent crashes. It happens when I constant d/l and the mem usage of utorrent just climbs and climbs. as you can see all other torrents are paused and one is d/ling at 2.0MB/s. My memory spike problem is only when i write to the disk. I can upload at the same speed i d/l and there is no issue with the memory when reading from the disk. Ang suggestions ideas??

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thats generally ok....i think when you get disk overload then its a major problem!!!! But it seems this memory problem is the same as the disk overload one....you can increase disk cache.....its 32 normally check it and make it higher.
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    What would you recommend setting it at? I've never gotten disk overload. The memory just climbs and climbs till it peaks then utorrent crashes gives me an error message i click ok then it closes. then i have to recheck the file i was d/ling to start it again... also... Also, I download a file very fast then it sits at 99.9 until the Commit Charge (memory usage) drops all the way back down to its "normal" state. Then it starts seeding.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    i increased like you said. still no change. i d/led a file getting a good 7MB/s and my memory just kept climbing. and now im sitting here waiting for it to come back to earth before i can touch anything in utorrent. and when i did it this time i was the only person logged in and only person with utorrent running...i just cant figure out what the issue is

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kimii's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    How many torrents do you have running? or could be a HDD problem. When I use FTPRUSH and put a lot of strain on it, it crashes on me. It's because my shitty HDD.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    THEWHO27's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hey kimi pm plz

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    memory usage keeps climbing because of the automated cache size, put it on a fixed size and then the memory usage will be the same as your cache size

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Utorrent doesnt use much ram. Just out of curiosity your box is a windows box im pretty sure of... do you and all the other people paying for your box each have your own remote logins on the server or do you share logins ect...
    If you are each using your own logins it would use alot more resources there as well ive learned from my own experience.
    It also could very well be the hd thats crappy as kimii also mentioned.
    I have over 700 files seeding in my client (about 120 of these being DVDR) and my server doesnt seem to lag one bit due to resources even with it sending a steady 70-80mbits outgoing for long periods of time.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by kimii View Post
    How many torrents do you have running? or could be a HDD problem. When I use FTPRUSH and put a lot of strain on it, it crashes on me. It's because my shitty HDD.
    Just one. I stopped all torrents to make sure that wasn't the issue. Even when i have multiple torrents uploading then i try to d/l it takes all my uploads to 0.0 and d/ls the file. it has an issue d/ling and uploading at the same time. Its a seedbox with PixelFX or whatever their name is.

Quote Originally Posted by Exploit View Post
    memory usage keeps climbing because of the automated cache size, put it on a fixed size and then the memory usage will be the same as your cache size
    see, i think i did this. i ticked the lil box to change the 32MB and i took it up to 600 and 1024 even 9999 just to see and the total mem usage continued to xclimb

Quote Originally Posted by Melvinmeow View Post
    Utorrent doesnt use much ram. Just out of curiosity your box is a windows box im pretty sure of... do you and all the other people paying for your box each have your own remote logins on the server or do you share logins ect...
    If you are each using your own logins it would use alot more resources there as well ive learned from my own experience.
    It also could very well be the hd thats crappy as kimii also mentioned.
    I have over 700 files seeding in my client (about 120 of these being DVDR) and my server doesnt seem to lag one bit due to resources even with it sending a steady 70-80mbits outgoing for long periods of time.
    you're correct its windows server 2003. we all have a diff ip to login remotely. but keep in mind i did a restart while they were sleeping cuz utorrent crashed cause they all had rss setup to start at the sametime and the memory wouldnt cdome down. so i tried d/lng right away to test it with me being only user lgged in and it still did it. it might be the hdd...probably is. but, i was uploading at 10MB last night for about 10 mins constant (logged in alone). and the memory hardly rose. it only has issues when writing to the hdd rather then reading... grrrrrr

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Try defragging the hd as well. That has alot of effect for me.