Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good English Anime:

billgates12's Avatar WarRock m60 gold-pre BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    PLEASE LIST ALL GOOD ENGLISH ANIME HERE:

I WOULD PREFER FINISH OR NON-FINISHED ANIME SERIES.

THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLY.
    I GOT: WarRock retail-m60 gold-premium codes
    XFIRE: billgates12
    My Ratio's

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    why would u want to see a english anime?XXX ones with subs will always be better then crapy edited dubs :X i cant think of a single english seris that was the least bit well dubbed in the sense that it was better then original :X

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Normal people would rather watch a video than read it. Only arrogant anime nerds read videos. If you want to read anime buy a comic book.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    you mean English dubbed, or originally English?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    Normal people would rather watch a video than read it. Only arrogant anime nerds read videos. If you want to read anime buy a comic book.
    Speak for yourself. Fact is that Eng-dubs usually suck because they hire half-assed actors who can't act. The series/movies that has a good English cast aren't many.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    cowboy bebop is decent, as is trigun and hellsing.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    kyuuchi's Avatar <O.O> BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Full Metal Alchemist english dub is really good. Probably one of few animes were they didn't screw up the dub.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    "Speak for yourself. Fact is that Eng-dubs usually suck because they hire half-assed actors who can't act. The series/movies that has a good English cast aren't many."

Thats funny, I always thought acting requires someones presence in the video. The real acting in an anime is done by the drawn characters and if you think the original Japanese overdub is better "acting" than any english dub even though you don't understand a word, your really up there in the clouds.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    snap3r's Avatar ..::/\::.. BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    try Inuyasha and DragonBallZ > they are dubbed but i didnt watch them dubbed cuz i like the japanese version and i dont mind learning a little english while enjoying miself

PS - actually look here http://majin2007.com/browse.php this site has only dubbed anime releases Enjoy
    Cheers
    Last edited by snap3r; 10-12-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    "Speak for yourself. Fact is that Eng-dubs usually suck because they hire half-assed actors who can't act. The series/movies that has a good English cast aren't many."

Thats funny, I always thought acting requires someones presence in the video. The real acting in an anime is done by the drawn characters and if you think the original Japanese overdub is better "acting" than any english dub even though you don't understand a word, your really up there in the clouds.
    Funny as it may be to you, it just proves your ignorance. What makes an anime come alive is the whole, sound and animation. If one of them is bad, it makes the whole less. As I already said, most US dubs are way off the mark when it comes to make the whole a good experience. Beside the point, I'm a multilingual person, Japanese being one of the languages I know least. I'll, however, take the Japanese dub over the English any day.

As for 'overdub' I dunno what you are getting at? Over acting by the actor? That's exactly one of the gripes about the US dubs. You certainly don't seem to talk about what overdub really means.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast