Thread: Image Editing With Fireworks

TRshady
    I'm making screenshots for the software section of my site but aren't need a bit of help I thought I'd ask some questions:

1. How do I just a screenshot of the active window and not the whole screen?

2. When using fireworks to resize an image how do I remove to portion of space left behind?

(when resizing an image to a quater of its size the rest of it is still there but chequered, so when saved the image comes out with my image in the corner and a blank space around it).

3. With fireworks can I remove a background from an image?

(Like, 3d text have no background, so when place on my page just shows that background).

Thanks for any suggestions

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    1. How do I just a screenshot of the active window and not the whole screen?
    not sure what you are asking

2. When using fireworks to resize an image how do I remove to portion of space left behind?
    I fyou are resizing you should go to modify, canvas image size if you want to shrink the whole picture or you can crop the picture or you can drag the corners to resize the picture and then you can crop everything else out or you can drag the corners to resize the picture and then right click on it and then copy it and then file new and the width and height should be the same size as the image on the clipboard hit OK then paste

3. With fireworks can I remove a background from an image?
    yes. the transparent part should show up as the checkerboard background and then you file, export preview, under the options tab choose format gif, and somewhere below that choose alpha transparency, then the export button at the bottom.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    TRshady
    Thanks alot mate, I'll try that now.

For the first question I mean If I want to take a screenshot of zonalarm and not my whole screen how do I do it?

I think it's similar to pressing shift and print screen but I'm not sure.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by TRshady@24 May 2003 - 10:58
    Thanks alot mate, I'll try that now.

For the first question I mean If I want to take a screenshot of zonalarm and not my whole screen how do I do it?

I think it's similar to pressing shift and print screen but I'm not sure.
    Why not make the whole screen shot, then crop to the zonalarm section you require and save as new image?

Not sure if that is what you're trying achieve!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TRshady
    oh yeah, could do that. Thanks

I know there's a way though but your tip will do me fine.