Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RevolutionTT not a proper Scene tracker anymore!

janine's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +1

Urgent

RevolutionTT has started mutilating their scene releases. They remove samples and change .nfo files, which in effect turns RTT into a lame, anything-goes tracker, not Scene at all. Really amateurish.

Why they are doing this escapes me, unless it is a policy invented so that people can't get a scene release from a different source and use it to seed at RTT (now, why that would be bad, exactly, is beyond me, but they must have some reason...)

Disappointing, really, I thought that tracker had some promise, but certainly not going to hang out there anymore! Oh well, plenty of other fish in the sea

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    i.dragonfly's Avatar -======//OvO BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Can you cite some specific examples? I just started in the last 24 hours seeding a couple of torrents (dl'ed from newsgroup), and there were no changes to the files. One was TV (BSG) and one was a movie rip.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    As long as the film is untouched, who cares if they change the nfo or remove the samples. I certainly don't. I guess some might preview the samples first, but not me. I know my uploaders and my releases.

By the way, I haven't noticed any of this as I only use RevTT for their DVD-R selection.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    janine's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +1
    Yup:

CSI.Miami.S05E15.HDTV.XviD-LOL
    both sample removed (definetely) and .nfo tampered with (it seems).

EDIT: Actually "Battlestar.Galactica.S03E14.WS.DSR.XviD-ORENJi" lacks "/Sample/orenji-battlestar.galactica.314-sample.avi 5.43 MiB"
    but this is also the case over at TL...obviously someone higher up the foodchain made an omission or (god knows why) removed this, and it has spread to several trackers (which actually proves my point below).

as far as "who cares" goes, releases are holy and untouchable. unless this was a given, every self declared "genius" would put his "mark" on stuff by changing it, and hey presto: no wide base spread of releases --> no big swarms & no speed --> everyone hanging out at The Pirate Bay hoping they're not getting a bogus download, if they can even find what they're looking for
    Last edited by janine; 02-13-2007 at 06:05 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i.dragonfly's Avatar -======//OvO BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I'm not convinced.
    1. If the RevTT uploader decides not to include samples, that's his perogative. As long as the original RARs all remain unchanged, that's what's important.
    2. Do a file-to-file compare of the nfo's. If the information on the video or audio remains untouched, then who cares.
    3. The Scene does not release their stuff for bittorrent P2P. Stuff is "leaked out" to Scene trackers. It's up to the P2P community what the standards are for sharing among trackers, and I don't see many trackers wanting their stuff shared on other trackers. (See Rules for almost all private trackers)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Torrent Addict BT Rep: +2
    No one cares.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Mutilating is a bit of a strong word there. I'm not convinced either, revTT looks pretty good to me tbh

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    u don't have to download anything from them if u don't like what their doing

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    gamer4eva's Avatar Torrent_King BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Yeh if you do not like it then dont use it......personally if they dont want to release the sample then don't usually i never download samples anyway.....
    Temptations The Ultimate Flaw In Humans

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Well it seems to be growing in popularity anyway so it doesn't look like too many people are bothered by it (if it's even true)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast