Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 360 Modding

DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by cool skill View Post
    I'll try to find one.
    I definitely found alot more information than what I read in that random article.

I believe Sony has instructions on how to install Fedora, and Terra Soft definitely has instructions on how to install Yellow Dog. I'm not sure if those instructions might be modified to install whatever OS you want.

I think PS3s run off of Apple processors. Not sure. They use 2.5 form factor hard drives (unfortunately). The ones included run at 5400rpm. Not sure if it will be able to take a different rpm hard drive.

Seagate has some good hard drives at 160GB.
    The 5400rpm is $145.28.
    The 7200rpm is $150.28

As you can tell, I have been doing alot more reasearch.
    I now know how to fully mod an X-Box 360 to play "backed up" games thanks to the info I got from this thread.

Thanks all!
    the 360 is easy... np... i wanna hear bout this ps3 thing... its not on any of the console modding forums i go to...

2. Games   -   #22
    tacoflavakiss's Avatar Not My Blood!! BT Rep: +4
    360 modding is bs. I know one guy who outfitted the hard drive to download the games he rented, but it wasn't worth the 800 dollars he spent on it. I know it would be cool if you could customize your 360, but I haven't seen it

3. Games   -   #23
    DaMan05's Avatar GO HABS GO! BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoflavakiss View Post
    360 modding is bs. I know one guy who outfitted the hard drive to download the games he rented, but it wasn't worth the 800 dollars he spent on it. I know it would be cool if you could customize your 360, but I haven't seen it
    Okay... that guy who payed 800 is an idiot.... i goto multiple xbox hacking forums and ive never heard talk of modding the HDD. What 360 modding is, is flashing the DVD drive firmware. theres no point in paying for it, because all you need in a SATA cable and a compatible SATA card. I already have both of those... so modding my 360 is FREE.

4. Games   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMan05 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoflavakiss View Post
    Okay... that guy who payed 800 is an idiot.... i goto multiple xbox hacking forums and ive never heard talk of modding the HDD. What 360 modding is, is flashing the DVD drive firmware. theres no point in paying for it, because all you need in a SATA cable and a compatible SATA card. I already have both of those... so modding my 360 is FREE.
    QIA

just find wot drive you got http://www.360drives.com/images/dvd-drives.jpg

hitachi
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/424523

samsung
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/464269

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123