Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: utorrent update fixed remote hack exploit

Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    uTorrent version 1.6.1 build 488 STABLE is released

The popular BitTorrent client server gets a much needed update, especially in light of yesterdays reports of the remote exploit hack.

Today there is an update of the uTorrent BitTorrent client server available, it's version 1.6.1 build 488 STABLE.

This is particularly important in light of yesterday's news noting how the previous stable release was vulnerable to hackers who could infiltrate your PC and execute arbitary code if a user opens a manipulated torrent tracker file.

The apparent "glitch" in the software was that torrent tracker fields may contain an "announce" field. Well, if this "announce" field is longer than 4800 bytes, an internal µTorrent buffer overflows, thereby allowing hackers to run their exploits.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    RaPPeR's Avatar (¯\( o_0)/¯) BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    oh great, tnx

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Thx uTorrent is one of the best sometimes i use it

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Utorrent is still the best

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Is there anything ... bad ... about this version now that it's owned by Bittorrent?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Mr Nice Guy BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfire View Post
    Is there anything ... bad ... about this version now that it's owned by Bittorrent?
    m8 honestly i could not tell u, i got this info from another forum but if u do find out that answer pls let us know or anyone that finds out

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I tried it and it kept crashing and telling me that my nod32 was the reason.Said something like try ending the nod32 service and see if it works then.Of course i'm not going to do that so i just went back to 1.6

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Won't work good untill all the private sites unban it.You'll just get a banned client error when you try to download a torrent.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by l337m4n View Post
    Won't work good untill all the private sites unban it.You'll just get a banned client error when you try to download a torrent.
    Why would a new version be banned?

yo

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    because utorrent was bought by the creators of bittorrent
    in bitmetv the newest version is banned :/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast