Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Can You Tell When A Person Isn't Sharing?

My files are open so other can share.

Yet if someone is downloading from me how can I check to be sure too are using Kaaza fairly and allowing others to share off them?

I have yet to cut anybody off but if a person isn't than the free ride is over on my side.

Thanks for any help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    in options-under more options- under k-lite Extensions-box at the bottom can be checked marked to allow people to see your files or not, so as you can see you dont know when someone is sharing or not,(why would you use this- so the RRIA cant get your files)?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by john3232@24 May 2003 - 14:28

Yet if someone is downloading from me how can I check to be sure too are using Kaaza fairly and allowing others to share off them?

I have yet to cut anybody off but if a person isn't than the free ride is over on my side.

Thanks for any help.
    You cannot tell for sure if someone is leeching as they could be using the anti privacy patch.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Right now I've got 4 users downloading from my files.

Are you saying there isn't any easy way to verfiy if these individuals also share?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    If you don't think they're sharing send them a message, if they respond saying they're not sharing cut them off if they want they'll always get the file of someone else eventually anyway.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by john3232@24 May 2003 - 10:16
    Right now I've got 4 users downloading from my files.

Are you saying there isn't any easy way to verfiy if  these individuals also share?
    There is NO way to verify whether a person is sharing, or not sharing.. most users use the privacy option to prevent their media files list from being copied..and then sent to their ISP as "evidence".. be rest assured, that if your ISP gets a letter.. your gonna get one.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by loz@24 May 2003 - 11:28
    If you don't think they're sharing send them a message, if they respond saying they're not sharing cut them off if they want they'll always get the file of someone else eventually anyway.
    I doubt that you would get many truthful responses..if any. I also doubt that I would want to send, or respond to several HUNDRED IM's

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Do a search on other people's shared files.
    Try 2 times if it fails the first.
    If none show up and their PL is <50 then they&#39;re probably leeches.
    If none show up and their PL is >1,000 then they&#39;re POSSIBLY using the KL++ privacy patch or they are actually leeches.

Anything in between PL of 50 and 1,000 is usually a glitch...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by john3232@24 May 2003 - 13:28

I have yet to cut anybody off but if a person isn&#39;t than the free ride is over on my side.

Thanks for any help.
    I&#39;ve heard this all before, i dont give a shit if people are leeching of me or not,
    I mean are you siting there in front of your computer waiting with baited breath to cut people off if there not sharing, isnt it better to go outside and get some sunlight .

The most funny thing i find with this is people are geting stuff for free movies, music and programs ect and then complain about a few leeches lol.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by junkyardking@25 May 2003 - 06:03
    The most funny thing i find with this is people are geting stuff for free movies, music and programs ect and then complain about a few leeches lol.
    I don&#39;t think its a few leeches, its probably a more then 1/4 of the kazza network, if not more. And their getting stuff for free by doing nothing at all.

You make a good point though. I&#39;m not going to sit infront of my computer all day waiting to press cancel if i think somebody isn&#39;t sharing. I only do it if its an important rare file and i&#39;m trying to spread it around kazaa a bit.

If there was an auto cancel that can check if somebody had files in their directory it would be good. I doubt that will happen though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast