Thread: iTunes with iPod Issue - Illegal *.dll

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Angry

*removed image
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Error
    The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SETUPAPI.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.
    This came up. How do I fix?

What I've tried:
    -Google
    -M$ Help, where it tells me to reinstall, ffs.
    -Using WinXP Defrag (Maybe to somehow reset it?)
    -Unistalling iTunes, with a regclean

Ideas? This is really annoying...Is there any 3rd party software to update/sync my ipod?

I am using the latest iTunes, as well as WinXP SP2 Home.
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 07-16-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: In case someone else has the same problem...
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    just a thought what about system restore

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    unistall go in2 run use regedit and remove then do search for programe ,remove or delete and after you use reg cleaner install see what happens then

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut

Urgent

FIXED! On Google, I found a forum where a guy had a problem with his shell32 file (did the samething).

Anyway's so bloke told him it was because the file became bloated; this just triggered an idea as I use a Vista Icon Pack, so I searched my HD for the "setupapi.dll" and found...setupapi.dll.backup ! It was the same file size, tho'. BUT in that $servicepack$ file stuff there was another setupapi.dll...

So, I used replacer to restore the backup copy as the guy in the other forum did to fix his shell32, restarted and my ipod startsup!!!

Fook ya! Here's that forum: http://www.aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=4746
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    cool glad your sorted

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    DuDDee's Avatar Night Crawler
    Can't sleep

then I found this thread which I know will help my friend who has same problem. Thanks for doing the donkey work, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.