Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandwidth = 1

I hate it when BB people do that! I am trying to DL the Matrix Reloaded vcd's. I for one have my bandwith set to unlimited while I have kazaa running. Sure I don't have it on all day but I do keep it on for 8-10 hrs while I'm not using my PC. I regularly upload files to people at speeds of 20-30 kbps and I do not see what the problem is. I like getting those speeds from people so I give them to people.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    I have a solution which is also compatible with 56k users. We can't set the upload bandwith too high for 56k users. How about if someone reduces their download speed below 3kb/s then their download bandwith is automatically reduced to 56k (this can be implemented in the next version).

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    exactomundo

this is what i think should be implemented, that way its customised for you connection,
    this way the mods can re remove the disable sharing option again and replace it with this,

Download propertional to you upload , just like the experimental buttorrent gui.

what ya say mods, care to make this part of the new build or something, i dont think its much of a challenge for u since uve done a great job so far.

querey move to development section or shall i make a new thread as a request.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    you speak of bandwidth 1 how about 0 and your connected to 5 people damn leaches

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Xanex@25 May 2003 - 12:22
    @switeck

My point was not the ammount 56k can upload - at all , but thanks for pointing that out My point was that although people are sharing they are sharing at such a low speed its not worth downloading the file from them, its like a huge deterrant, yes u  can have my file but ur going to have to wait shit loads to get it.

right yes i agree that the max ul from a person with 56k is more than 700 megs in 67 days, But what i cant argue with is kazaa is telling me that if i download this file from this person it will take 1600+ hours. Have a look next time for people with BW=1 and the ETA then ull see what i mean.

as for msging whats the point, ill just get some arse response as posted in the "They dont share thread" and since most of them are kazaaliteuser@kazaa they most likely have that option disabled and those that dont are using an older client so msging them wont work.

i also agree 24 ->3kbps but its of that bandwidth they have. bw=1 is the number given by the bandwidth coloum in the search menu, so its not me making things up. i have seen this value vary from 1 to 450somthing. i think it might have something to do with howmany slots they have open so that 3kbps + other network data is divided into 3 ul slots?? i dunno someone tell me how this bandwidth thing works and y it shows up as 1 when i do a search.

i doubt its the isp throttling anything as i have seen many people with bw=1 and checking their ips they are from all over the place.

You seem to have some knowlage of pc's but i think ur lacking the knowlage to answer my question, really read my post next time b4 u go spouting off about how much 56k can and cant do..., dont worry someone else will have an answer i hope

Xanex
    If you see a file connected with someone's nickname in a search, they're almost certainly sharing.

I know exactly what you're talking about when you see a "1" under bandwidth in the search window -- that's probably because of miscalculations/errors/problems on their end -- that value itself doesn't mean much anyway.

You are correct about too many uploads PLUS a low max upload bandwidth causing ADDITIONAL slowness -- if they're sharing at 24 kilobits/sec (3 KB/sec) but have 15 uploads allowed, then each will run at 0.2 KB/sec MAX. If one temporarily exceeds that speed, it's only by stealing bandwidth from other uploads...

You are also correct that _LOTS_ of downloads go extremely slowly (I see speeds of <0.1KB/sec and lots of disconnects all the time) -- and it&#39;s because of misconfiguration of Kazaa, ISPs blocking/throttling Kazaa, or too much other stuff going on their connection. It&#39;s almost always due to user ignorance, not stupidity.

BTW, you can EXPECT find more files on users uploading to you extremely slowly to fail or for their upload to you to fail if you try one -- due to their incredibly weak/unstable/overloaded/blocked/virus-infected/trojan-infected/microsoft-infected connections/computers/modems/routers/gooey gray matter.

And the ONLY thing/s you can do is fix YOUR end and message people in the hopes they fix theirs...

Good luck...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12