Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: uTorrent build 489 ban

DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Are there any sites besides bitmetv where it is banned? Just curious.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Moonspell13's Avatar Saltwater... BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I saw a while back at A-L that all future utorrent releases are banned but I don't know the current status of this release...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    LaserLock
    i think NO if the new version is fixed and clear that bug wich hackers can make evil !! the client no be banned

According to IT security experts, the latest version of the µTorrent BitTorrent client server is vulnerable to remote exploits.

Today brings news that the popular BitTorrent client server uTorrent is vulnerable to hackers that can infiltrate your PC and execute arbitary code if a user opens a manipulated torrent tracker file.

The apparent "glitch" in the software is that torrent tracker fields may contain an "announce" field. Well, if this "announce" field is longer than 4800 bytes, an internal µTorrent buffer overflows, thereby allowing hackers to run their exploits.

For now it's only µTorrent 1.6 build 474 that is affected but, older versions may also contain the bug, and a new version to fix the problem is not yet available.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    BitMeTV and A-L ban uTorrent 1.6.1. That sucks!!
    oh well, i wont use BitMeTV till they update this issue....

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by iNViTEr View Post
    BitMeTV and A-L ban uTorrent 1.6.1. That sucks!!
    oh well, i wont use BitMeTV till they update this issue....
    Yea, I also haven't been using it lately because of this. What a paranoid bunch they are on client security. Reason I ask is because I've been following the discussion on their site, and they claim other sites are taking this step too, but of the trackers I've browsed, most don't even bother to ban bitcomet.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DISABLED PRIVS
    probably super secret site also banned utorrent.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Anyone use nod32 for an antivirus and if so have you got the new Utorrent working with that running?I tried but it just keeps crashing and saying to stop my antivirus.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserLock View Post
    i think NO if the new version is fixed and clear that bug wich hackers can make evil !! the client no be banned

According to IT security experts, the latest version of the µTorrent BitTorrent client server is vulnerable to remote exploits.

Today brings news that the popular BitTorrent client server uTorrent is vulnerable to hackers that can infiltrate your PC and execute arbitary code if a user opens a manipulated torrent tracker file.

The apparent "glitch" in the software is that torrent tracker fields may contain an "announce" field. Well, if this "announce" field is longer than 4800 bytes, an internal µTorrent buffer overflows, thereby allowing hackers to run their exploits.

For now it's only µTorrent 1.6 build 474 that is affected but, older versions may also contain the bug, and a new version to fix the problem is not yet available.
    This has been fixed already in 1.6.1 beta.

I have not found any of my trackers yet that are banning 1.6.1.

Nice copy/paste BTW.
    Last edited by Skizo; 02-15-2007 at 03:38 PM.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I use nod32 and uTorrent 1.6.1 works fine here.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I'll try again and see what happens thanks for the reply.

Used the installation instead of standalone and everything seems to be working great now .
    Last edited by deuce6000; 02-15-2007 at 03:37 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast