Thread: WindowBlinds

Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Does anyone in here use WindowBlinds to skin their desktop? If so, where do you get your skins, and which skins do you use or like?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +5
    I use it for just one skin. It's Souluna2. I dont know why but i got so used to this skin that the desktop feels odd to me without it. I tried to find it outside of WB but it seems like its WB exclusive or something. Anyway, you can find bucket loads of skins for WB at wincustomize.com.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Shadowfire's Avatar catch-22 BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Wow, wincustomize changed their site a lot since the last time I went on there. I mostly get my skins from Deviantart.com. Currently, I use the Aerial skin.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I do (obviously): Thread post

And I don't like wincustomize or themexp...Joejoe & deviantart are my sources.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I use it. I'm using a combination of vista skins from deviantart.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Does this program eat a lot of RAM? I was actually going to install it today but I don't even use an anti-virus program to save up some RAM (I only have 512MB), so if someone knows I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorpg View Post
    Does this program eat a lot of RAM? I was actually going to install it today but I don't even use an anti-virus program to save up some RAM (I only have 512MB), so if someone knows I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    No, it doen't even run in the background if i'm correct, because I don't see any extra tasks running in taskmanager besides "styler" which is a program I use to change my toolbars... but that's a whole different thing.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramorpg View Post

Thanks
    No, it doen't even run in the background if i'm correct, because I don't see any extra tasks running in taskmanager besides "styler" which is a program I use to change my toolbars... but that's a whole different thing.
    You don't even have to run styler, unless you are hiding IE7's address bar. There's reghacks for Explorer and IE6. Saves Mem.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairbautt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park View Post

You don't even have to run styler, unless you are hiding IE7's address bar. There's reghacks for Explorer and IE6. Saves Mem.
    Nice, I just found that from one of your old posts. Can I uninstall styler with the reg hack in place now? or do I still need it?
    Last edited by S!X; 02-16-2007 at 08:00 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    No you still need it installed, but you don't have to run it in the background anymore.

Also, to restore the menubar, just right click and restore XP's standard buttons and such...but you'll have to use the same reghack to again hide the menubar.