Thread: QuickPar Alternative

mata7's Avatar I Love Lindsay
    quickpar don't work on vista, at least for me it don't repair anymore, is there any program like quickpar that work on vista?

thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    Not sure if this would work or not but since you have no other choice it's worth a shot.

If you use Newsleecher 3.9 Beta 1 as your newsreader client you'll be given the ability to check/repair and even extract from the client itself. I'm not sure if Newsleecher works in Vista but still worth a try.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    mata7's Avatar I Love Lindsay
    i try it but sometimes thats the job Right, and sometimes not, so i cant relay on newsleecher only, i need something like quickpart for does moments that newsleecher fail, oh and yeah newsleecher work good on vista

thanks for you help

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    Hmmmm, at least it kinda works. I'm sure once a final release is made all the bugs will be worked out, but until then I'm afraid your out of luck as I can't really think of an alternative to QuickPar. Maybe I'm missing something. Hopefully another person will step in with the answer you need.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Are you sure it doenst work with vista ?

http://quickpar.co.uk/forum/viewtopi...=vista+support
    I am using windows vista, version RTM, quickpar work fine untill it begins to repair
    And its on the list of programs known to work with (v5600)

http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82089

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    delimare's Avatar Polyamorous BT Rep: +2
    I've used it a few times already on Vista and it seems to be flawless, so far..... knock on wood

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    asfdlq3i45poi's Avatar Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mata7 View Post
    quickpar don't work on vista, at least for me it don't repair anymore, is there any program like quickpar that work on vista?

thanks
    Such blasphemy is intolerable! I have used Quickpar on Vista numerous times, and it has worked flawlessly.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I have been using vista for over 3 months now and have used quickpar many times (when I got stuff from my isp's server) and never had a problem.